Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Factory Layout and Production Levels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The purpose of this Wiki post is to track the various parts of the factory at Fremont, when each section was known to have been last updated, and what the estimated production rate (ideally a weekly rate) for that section of the factory is able to run at.

SectionProduction RateLast UpgradeSource
Stamping Center10,000?2012
Body Center #11,000?2012
Body Center #22,000?Q3 2015
Paint Shop #15,000Q2 2015
Paint Shop #25,000Q2 2015
Final Assembly2,000-3,000Q3 2014
Drive Unit?Q3 2014
Battery Module #1?2012
Battery Module #2?Q3 2014
Battery Pack?Q3 2014
Below please place any schematics/drawings of the factory itself which might be of visual use to help understand the layout of the factory:
factory2.PNG

factory1.PNG

source TMC Connect 2014: Diarmuid OConnell - Keynote at TMC Connect 2014 - YouTube

Stamping:
Stamping.PNG

Body Center Line 1:
Body Center.PNG

Paint Shop (presumably the new shop is in the same location)
Paint Shop.PNG

Source National Geographic Megafactories: ✔ Tesla Motors Megafactories - The Future of Electric Cars - YouTube

This was started as an idea to help track the progress of the factory in its current state. I tried to seed the initial page with details as I had them off the top of my head, but feel free to correct the inputs to whatever might be more accurate eventually it would be helpful to have a posted source of where that information came from such that anyone can validate it to be the most current statement from the company. I would prefer a posted source to be some statement directly from the company through an official channel. Like a direct quote or video comment from someone with authority in the company. Not some analyst speculation as to the rates of the factory or timelines (as certain analysts like to embellish the truth a little at times... *cough* Trip Chowdhry *cough*)