Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory OEM SiriusXM nearly working in Tesla 2022 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i e-mailed several more SCs in so cal trying to get the tuner: one replied really quickly, but won't sell it to me because i don't have an S or X. i gave them my VIN and told them i'm looking to do an experiment on my model 3 - but she says she can't sell me S or X parts without an S or X VIN. which is what i had read earlier and why i thought this might be an issue.

@PhilCaps what did you tell them to get them to just order it for you?

i e-mailed several more SCs in so cal trying to get the tuner: one replied really quickly, but won't sell it to me because i don't have an S or X. i gave them my VIN and told them i'm looking to do an experiment on my model 3 - but she says she can't sell me S or X parts without an S or X VIN. which is what i had read earlier and why i thought this might be an issue.

@PhilCaps what did you tell them to get them to just order it for you?
They didn't ask for vin. I just asked to purchase without service. It seems like they didn't order though bc I still don't have cc charge or any receipt. Still waiting to hear back from SC

• Informative
Reactions: 101dals
i sent them the screenshot of the parts catalog where it clearly says no VIN for these tuners. they're not budging.

i don't see how anyone is going to be able to get them directly from tesla unless we can get someone with an S or X who wants to order them for us.

Last edited:
just pulled the trigger on one of the few C models that were available on ebay, now that i finally have my car back. should be here next week, we'll see what happens (although since i'm a 2018 intel which is one of the confirmed working models, i'm hopeful i won't have any issues).

i plan to connect the tuner as is and just hang it up there in place (with the ethernet and satellite antennas connected) to see if the satellite sound comes through before i take it apart and do the swap. i already confirmed with the seller that he'll take it back if it doesn't work.

will keep everyone posted.

Reactions: 101dals and Krash
just pulled the trigger on one of the few C models that were available on ebay, now that i finally have my car back. should be here next week, we'll see what happens (although since i'm a 2018 intel which is one of the confirmed working models, i'm hopeful i won't have any issues).

i plan to connect the tuner as is and just hang it up there in place (with the ethernet and satellite antennas connected) to see if the satellite sound comes through before i take it apart and do the swap. i already confirmed with the seller that he'll take it back if it doesn't work.

man, your car has been in the shop for a while. hope they fixed everything

Reactions: crackers8199

You made the right choice. I couldn't be happier since I installed my tuner. That's why I hurried to buy mine on eBay, availability was scarce. Good call!

Reactions: crackers8199
man, your car has been in the shop for a while. hope they fixed everything

don't even get me started lol...lady backed out of a spot at the same time as me (and into my rear quarter panel and bumper) back in may. I waited 2 months to even take it in thinking if they had a head start they could have all the parts ready before it got there, and would only take a week or two to fix.

a full month later, I finally have my car back.

• Informative
Reactions: ph0ton

You should feel confident that the mod will work :) I feel sorry that you had to pay a premium but we're paving the way for others for this mod.