Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory OEM SiriusXM nearly working in Tesla 2022 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did the remove and re-add via the "related content" page for each one. I wonder if that could have something to do with it (do you have to hit the star from the now playing box instead?)
It might. I wanted to be sure it was the ephemeral "global list" I had theorized so I tuned in to them via the app, removed them as a favorite, and waited 30 seconds. I selected another source (radio is fine), it appeared in the "Recents & Favorites", and I tuned in via that item in the list. I then pressed the star button in the now playing. I repeated this for each favorite.

I'm not sure what is the crucial step in that process so I'm being thorough as possible. Hopefully it doesn't require such a strict set-up. So far, I've driven 30 minutes, tuned into different sources, and the list has persisted.

Reactions: crackers8199
It might. I wanted to be sure it was the ephemeral "global list" I had theorized so I tuned in to them via the app, removed them as a favorite, and waited 30 seconds. I selected another source (radio is fine), it appeared in the "Recents & Favorites", and I tuned in via that item in the list. I then pressed the star button in the now playing. I repeated this for each favorite.

I'm not sure what is the crucial step in that process so I'm being thorough as possible. Hopefully it doesn't require such a strict set-up. So far, I've driven 30 minutes, tuned into different sources, and the list has persisted.

as long as we know yours are sticking following that procedure, i'm good with knowing that. i think i'll do some tinkering and see if i can figure out a shorter way to get them to stick before i go down that long road...maybe we can get it condensed a bit and nailed down for anyone else who has issues.

Quick update: I was able to see this behavior while driving. It took about 20 minutes of listening to another source (TuneIn) and when I went to the "Recents & Favorites" list the siriusXM channels were there. However, when I selected them they got booted off the menu and my scrolling went into sequential mode.

The upshot is I was able to immediately restore them by changing profiles while driving. Not the most user friendly thing to do but still better than the alternative...

Quick update: I was able to see this behavior while driving. It took about 20 minutes of listening to another source (TuneIn) and when I went to the "Recents & Favorites" list the siriusXM channels were there. However, when I selected them they got booted off the menu and my scrolling went into sequential mode.

The upshot is I was able to immediately restore them by changing profiles while driving. Not the most user friendly thing to do but still better than the alternative...

that's strange, because i definitely hadn't changed sources - i was on SXM the whole time when mine reset (and as i've said, switching profiles didn't bring them back). so there's gotta be either some hoops to jump through when adding the favorites, like we have been discussing, or somehow just collapsing it to the single bar at the bottom of the screen screws it up (which would be madness, but at this point wouldn't surprise me with how strange they have this thing coded to begin with).

i just did exactly what you outlined here, and it still didn't work for me. left the car for about 30 minutes, went back out, and it had reset. the SXM favorites were not in the list, and switching profiles didn't put them back.

there has to be something weird we're missing here. there's no reason it should work for you and not for me, i think we have the exact same car (at least i know we're both 2018).

• Informative
Reactions: ph0ton
i just did exactly what you outlined here, and it still didn't work for me. left the car for about 30 minutes, went back out, and it had reset. the SXM favorites were not in the list, and switching profiles didn't put them back.

there has to be something weird we're missing here. there's no reason it should work for you and not for me, i think we have the exact same car (at least i know we're both 2018).
How many are you adding to favorites? I'll try adding the same amount since I only have 3. The other difference I'm thinking of is none of my other profiles have SiriusXM favorites. I'm on software 22.24.5

How many are you adding to favorites? I'll try adding the same amount since I only have 3. The other difference I'm thinking of is none of my other profiles have SiriusXM favorites. I'm on software 22.24.5

i saw that you only had three in one of your previous pictures, so that's what i've been trying to add at one time right now trying to get this working.

otherwise, i think i have 23 or 24. i copied over the 20 from my onyx and then also added a few more since i have the room for them now (the onyx only allowed 20).

as for other profiles, i don't have any SXM favorites on any other profile either. however, the "favorites" list if you go to that screen in the SXM full screen does seem to carry over between profiles...it's just the half screen list that changes.

another data point that I want to document before I forget...just went out to the car to check to see if I could get it to download an update (no luck) and noticed something.

when the screen first came on, the SXM channel I had on when I got home earlier was still in the recents list. as the car booted, the SXM radio ID flashed on the display, and then the recents disappeared back to radio and tune in only.

so, it seems that this is happening when the SXM tuner resets. question is, what causes it to do so?

another data point that I want to document before I forget...just went out to the car to check to see if I could get it to download an update (no luck) and noticed something.

when the screen first came on, the SXM channel I had on when I got home earlier was still in the recents list. as the car booted, the SXM radio ID flashed on the display, and then the recents disappeared back to radio and tune in only.

so, it seems that this is happening when the SXM tuner resets. question is, what causes it to do so?

Maybe it has something to do with the subscription query cycle? That would at least put it on the same periodicity. I've never observed that behavior myself.

I added 10 channels to my favorites, had the "Recents and Favorites" get cleared of SiriusXM channels after a while, and I was still able to reset my profile to get the favorites back. I just can't seem to replicate the behavior you are getting. What tuner are you using again? I have the model X version, 1143716-00-c. My car has HW2.5 installed.

What tuner are you using again? I have the model X version, 1143716-00-c. My car has HW2.5 installed.

same tuner, same computer. so frustrating.

i just tried creating a new profile without SXM as a source and switching back and forth between mine and that new one to see if that somehow holds it. i'll check it again in about an hour and see if it reset. i'm running out of ideas.

that didn't work either. ugh. channels were already gone from the list when i sat down.

I am completely out of ideas.

literally the only thing I can think of is that what you're seeing is something that has been added in the last few weeks. if I am still not able to reproduce what you're seeing once I get the next update, then I literally have no idea what to do here.

I mean at least I have the tuner working...but being able to cycle thru favorites all the time would be so much more user friendly. this is the frustrating part about this, we can't even report these bugs to Tesla.

Last edited:
seems that this is a thing with SXM - here's another forum user having the same issue specifically with SXM. it's in the Y forum, but i gotta believe he's an S or X owner and just found it via searching like i did (i can't imagine too many people have done the mod we have to get SXM in the 3 or Y).

@ph0ton here's another thought: what sources do you have turned on and do you have any favorites on any of those sources?

seems that this is a thing with SXM - here's another forum user having the same issue specifically with SXM. it's in the Y forum, but i gotta believe he's an S or X owner and just found it via searching like i did (i can't imagine too many people have done the mod we have to get SXM in the 3 or Y).

@ph0ton here's another thought: what sources do you have turned on and do you have any favorites on any of those sources?

I currently have everything but slacker enabled for sources, and have favorites in: spotify, FM, tune in, siriusXM, and I might have them in Tidal but I'm not sure.

But as to your forum findings I guess we may conclude that we get OEM quality of service: badly supported and very unstable. Yay?

• Funny
Reactions: crackers8199
another example:

seems there's no point troubleshooting this further until I get 24.5, at least. hopefully that'll at least allow me to have the same workaround you do, and maybe we can then share that with the S and X owners (unless you want to give that a shot over there on your own without me to corroborate it).

Reactions: ph0ton