Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory OEM SiriusXM nearly working in Tesla 2022 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
she is driving home tonight too, and now the SXM app has been fine. I did reboot the car before we left the house, so maybe that fixed it? who knows...

I will say this: if I had paid 100k+ for a car and gotten this level of functionality for a key feature, I'd probably sell it and never buy another Tesla. for us, retrofitting this into a model 3 where it's not really intended to be, I'm a little more understanding of the quirks...but it seems these things are happening on the s and x too, which to me is just completely insane. I don't understand how the car can drive itself and they can't get basic stuff like the media player to work right...

Reactions: ph0ton and PhilCaps
if anyone is still looking for a tuner, this popped up on eBay this morning:

2022 Telsa Model S Long Range Plaid Harman Becker Radio FM/HD/XM #3048 S6 | eBay

appears to be the plaid tuner. price seems a little suspect, so proceed with caution...but might be an option.
Missed this but not suspect imo! I got mine for $60 on facebook marketplace. Hope one day they all go this price.
has anyone updated to 2022.28.2 yet? just got notification that it's available for me...

Not yet but guess I'll go forward with it now that you mention it.

Reactions: crackers8199
and tonight we're back to the radio resetting every 5 mins or so. cool.

I'm really close to ripping this whole thing out and going back to the roady. this is infuriating.
Confirmed. I took a long drive today and the unit now randomly resets, sometimes as short as 5 minute intervals. Now I feel bad I didn't test it more extensively before giving my seal of approval :(.

I'm guessing the people on the Model S/X side of things aren't having a fun time either.

Confirmed. I took a long drive today and the unit now randomly resets, sometimes as short as 5 minute intervals. Now I feel bad I didn't test it more extensively before giving my seal of approval :(.

I'm guessing the people on the Model S/X side of things aren't having a fun time either.

i'm wondering if the C model tuner is just buggy as hell and maybe the plaid tuner would be better. @PhilCaps mentioned he hasn't seen any clipping in the city (i still think his out of the city issues are related to antenna placement), maybe it's resolved on the newer tuners and we're just dealing with old crappy buggy hardware...

Reactions: PhilCaps and ph0ton
i'm wondering if the C model tuner is just buggy as hell and maybe the plaid tuner would be better. @PhilCaps mentioned he hasn't seen any clipping in the city (i still think his out of the city issues are related to antenna placement), maybe it's resolved on the newer tuners and we're just dealing with old crappy buggy hardware...
I haven't had time to test the plaid tuner with antenna outside of car outside the city yet.

Reactions: crackers8199