TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Factory operating hours...

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by linuxkidd, Sep 28, 2015.

1. linuxkidd

linuxkidd Member

Las Vegas (right now, but RV travel full time)
    If this has been covered before, please do let me know... I've searched and couldn't find it..

In anticipation of my Confirmed / Production Queue'd S90D changing status.. I like many others am constantly on the my tesla site refreshing like a mad man.. But it occurred to me that maybe... the factory doesn't run 24hrs a day..

So, I've asked my DS and others around but no one seems to know the actual operating hours of vehicle production at the Tesla Factory...

Anyone have an idea:confused: I'd hate to be waste'n all the clicks when there's no chance it'll change due to being after hours.

Thanks!
    LK

2. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Active Member

At least in the past the DS was responsible for updating that status. If that's still true and it isn't automated, then it will likely be updated when your DS is awake and gets around to it ;)

3. cookieman

cookieman Member

The status for my S90D changed at exactly 12:01am ET. I assumed Tesla does a 'data dump' to update order status at that time, but it could be that my DS just happened to be working late that night. Don't ask me what I was doing clicking the refresh button at midnight... I can't help myself from checking the status throughout the day, even though I KNOW it'll take at least 5-7 days for my car to complete the production phase.
    ~

4. Rafik

Rafik Member

and I thought I was obsessed :frown:

5. cookieman

cookieman Member

As Tom Petty sang:

The waiting is the hardest part.

6. linuxkidd

linuxkidd Member

When I spoke w/ my DS earlier today, she said that if I was on the site refreshing, I'd know the new status before she would... So seems they're not doing the updates any more.

Interesting... that'd be 9pm PT.. I'll have to get something scripted to check and note the times.. (should've done that already anyway... lol)

Thanks!
    LK

p.s. Kick'n myself for not ordering 4 days earlier... e-FTW got his already, and mine is still a month or so off..

7. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

Mine just updated in the last 30 mins at 515pm PDT. Exciting!

Attached Files:

8. linuxkidd

linuxkidd Member

Awesome! Congrats JenniferQ

9. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

Oh, and I got an email from the DS about 30 mins later. And yes, I was refreshing way too much until it changed finally!

10. linuxkidd

linuxkidd Member

JenniferQ: your vin is only 160 lower than mine, so if they're knocking out 1000 cars a week, mine can't be far behind...

11. bancroftc

bancroftc Member

I bet you go into production tomorrow! I'm 108419 and you and I have virtually the same car with a couple option differences. I hit production today so you should be right behind.