Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory operating hours...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If this has been covered before, please do let me know... I've searched and couldn't find it..

In anticipation of my Confirmed / Production Queue'd S90D changing status.. I like many others am constantly on the my tesla site refreshing like a mad man.. But it occurred to me that maybe... the factory doesn't run 24hrs a day..

So, I've asked my DS and others around but no one seems to know the actual operating hours of vehicle production at the Tesla Factory...

Anyone have an idea:confused: I'd hate to be waste'n all the clicks when there's no chance it'll change due to being after hours.

Thanks!
LK

If this has been covered before, please do let me know... I've searched and couldn't find it..

In anticipation of my Confirmed / Production Queue'd S90D changing status.. I like many others am constantly on the my tesla site refreshing like a mad man.. But it occurred to me that maybe... the factory doesn't run 24hrs a day..

So, I've asked my DS and others around but no one seems to know the actual operating hours of vehicle production at the Tesla Factory...

Anyone have an idea:confused: I'd hate to be waste'n all the clicks when there's no chance it'll change due to being after hours.

Thanks!
LK

At least in the past the DS was responsible for updating that status. If that's still true and it isn't automated, then it will likely be updated when your DS is awake and gets around to it ;)

The status for my S90D changed at exactly 12:01am ET. I assumed Tesla does a 'data dump' to update order status at that time, but it could be that my DS just happened to be working late that night. Don't ask me what I was doing clicking the refresh button at midnight... I can't help myself from checking the status throughout the day, even though I KNOW it'll take at least 5-7 days for my car to complete the production phase.
~

At least in the past the DS was responsible for updating that status. If that's still true and it isn't automated, then it will likely be updated when your DS is awake and gets around to it ;)

When I spoke w/ my DS earlier today, she said that if I was on the site refreshing, I'd know the new status before she would... So seems they're not doing the updates any more.

cookieman said:
The status for my S90D changed at exactly 12:01am ET....
Interesting... that'd be 9pm PT.. I'll have to get something scripted to check and note the times.. (should've done that already anyway... lol)

Thanks!
LK

p.s. Kick'n myself for not ordering 4 days earlier... e-FTW got his already, and mine is still a month or so off..

Mine just updated in the last 30 mins at 515pm PDT. Exciting!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-28 at 5.07.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-28 at 5.07.00 PM.png
    530.8 KB · Views: 128