Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory Pick Up delayed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a very good experience so far. Paid on 08/10 and scheduled pick up at the Fremont factory on 08/11. Got a call from them 08/11 saying that they had to update the software and had to reschedule for 08/12.

Fine, on 08/12 morning, I got a call from them saying my car is ready for pick up, I told them I will stop by in 30 min to pick it up, they said welcome in. When I got to the showroom, their manager told me that my car still need an software update, it will take another 3 hours. He sent us home empty handed. We told them we will come back in the afternoon to pick it up.

Just got off the phone with their manager, My MY is postponed again to 08/13 because they can't finish the update on time. I asked them for a confirmed date and time, they said they can't guaranteed... Very unhappy customer here

• Helpful
Reactions: enzoshadow
Not a very good experience so far. Paid on 08/10 and scheduled pick up at the Fremont factory on 08/11. Got a call from them 08/11 saying that they had to update the software and had to reschedule for 08/12.

Fine, on 08/12 morning, I got a call from them saying my car is ready for pick up, I told them I will stop by in 30 min to pick it up, they said welcome in. When I got to the showroom, their manager told me that my car still need an software update, it will take another 3 hours. He sent us home empty handed. We told them we will come back in the afternoon to pick it up.

Just got off the phone with their manager, My MY is postponed again to 08/13 because they can't finish the update on time. I asked them for a confirmed date and time, they said they can't guaranteed... Very unhappy customer here
Bogus excuse!! I took delivery last week with a pending software update. I did the update when I got the car home. You might want to find out the real reason for the delay.

• Informative
Reactions: Gizmotoy
scheduled pick up at the Fremont factory
Did you arrange to go to the factory instead of a showroom when you placed the order? Was it just the most convenient pickup location for you or did you do it for a reason?

I've always thought it would be funny if Tesla offered a factory delivery option, like the European brands do, but you get a motel room in Fremont and a Caspers hot dog.

Did you arrange to go to the factory instead of a showroom when you placed the order? Was it just the most convenient pickup location for you or did you do it for a reason?

I've always thought it would be funny if Tesla offered a factory delivery option, like the European brands do, but you get a motel room in Fremont and a Caspers hot dog.

It is the factory showroom at Fremont.