Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory Pick Up For New Tesla Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has Tesla thought allowing customers to take delivery directly from the Factory? It would be great opportunity if customers could have the option to take delivery of their new Tesla from Gigs Texas. It's an outstanding opportunity for Tesla to build goodwill with Tesla customers. I know several over the road truck manufacturers allow factory delivery of new trucks. They include the normal delivery process along with plant tours and of course merchandise opportunities! I would really like to take delivery of MT Model Y at Gigs Texas!

...take delivery directly from the Factory...
Yes, you can for Fremont, CA: You have to pay CA sales tax even when you don't live there.

It's more complicated for TX. TX does not allow direct Tesla sales and according to Elon's tweet, it seems to suggest that the car needs to go a round trip from TX to out of state then back to TX. If Tesla is compliant to that procedure, I don't see why your car can't travel a round trip back to the TX factory waiting for you.

Reactions: westie10019
Yes, you can for Fremont, CA: You have to pay CA sales tax even when you don't live there.

It's more complicated for TX. TX does not allow direct Tesla sales and according to Elon's tweet, it seems to suggest that the car needs to go a round trip from TX to out of state then back to TX. If Tesla is compliant to that procedure, I don't see why your car can't travel a round trip back to the TX factory waiting for you.
Excellent idea! You would think with Tesla investing multiple Billion Dollars in Texas, Tesla would have more influence on Texas policy! Bless there Texas hearts!

...Tesla would have more influence on Texas policy!...

Another slap in the face.

Once an old dog is mistreated, would that dog leave the abuser?

The grant from "Texas Volkswagen Environmental Mitigation Program" goes to the most expensive bidder for EV charging structure while Tesla could have done that for 70% cheaper.

Last edited: