TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Factory pickup tomorrow, questions you wish you'd asked?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jamieb, Dec 20, 2013.

1. jamieb

jamieb Member

Picking up my car tomorrow afternoon in Fremont, scheduled to take the factory tour :smile:

For those of you who've taken the tour, any highlights to share with the group? Any questions you wish you'd asked (that I can ask on the group's behalf)?

Jamie

2. ausdma

ausdma Member

They did a great job of informing us about the car.

Asking more questions would have pointless for me since I can't even remember half of what they said anyway. It's overwhelming.

3. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX;S90D;XP100D

The highlight for me was watching the robot line line fabricate bodies-in-white, without human intervention; one employee was monitoring the process. I could have watched it all day, but they gave us five minutes.

You could ask about timelines for the Model X and the AWD version of the S, but I doubt you'll get a straight answer.