Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory Pickup?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would you want have an option for factory pickup? No matter where the factory is?
I've picked my Corvette in Kentucky, and my Mercedes in Stuggart. Its nice to be able to get it handed over at the factory.
I've seen on here that the transfer at the local places has been a hassle? It would also give us a chance to see any defects, so they are not blamed on the trucker.

Reactions: logan
Would you want have an option for factory pickup? No matter where the factory is?
I've picked my Corvette in Kentucky, and my Mercedes in Stuggart. Its nice to be able to get it handed over at the factory.
I've seen on here that the transfer at the local places has been a hassle? It would also give us a chance to see any defects, so they are not blamed on the trucker.
Just keep in mind if you pick it up in CA you will have to pay CA taxes.

The issue is the sales tax (Texas is 6.25% + up to 2%) so it would cost me an extra ~$1,650. The other issue is if the state they are produced in can even sell them directly.

I would pay an extra $500 to $1,000 for a delivery experience that included a tour and a mud track to show us what our new vehicles can do. That would even save them from having to detail the exterior :)

• Funny
Reactions: mspohr

Great idea, that would be an unbelievable experience.

• Helpful
Reactions: AhwatukeeDad
The Corvette factory delivery includes a factory tour and the Corvette museum if I am not mistaken. A friend of mine has done it twice and he said it was a great experience. Tesla doesn't have a museum and I don't think they offer factory tours except at Freement and Sparks. There really is nothing to be gained from a factory delivery of a Tesla other than the ability to have a nice long drive home to get acquainted with your new car. I took delivery of my Model 3 at the local showroom and it was a fantastic experience including a detailed tour of the car by an employee. They also took care of about three different small issues I had with the car before I left. The entire experience took about 30 minutes and it would have been shorter if I had not asked so many questions. LOL!

Just my opinion of course.

Dan

The bill of sale included Kentucky tax which was deducted from my Virginia tax. It came out ok. I'm sure that if enough customers can get to Elon? Requesting he set up tour of factory and pickup, he would build that into new factory.
I can tell u he will have it in Berlin, every factory in Europe has tours and pickup. I've been to all of them, it was just cool to see. The Corvette factory was cool, to see the Cadillac built in the back room was very interesting story.

I doubt this would be very high on the priority list with Tesla in general or Elon specifically. Those companies that offer those tours and factory pick up are growth stagnant and innovationally challenged. They need those types of things to maintain brand loyalty and recognition.

Tesla just wants to innovate and grow. They can't do that as efficiently if they are trying to maintain these types of distractions.

Dan

Reactions: AhwatukeeDad