Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory running at full capacity 24x7 (looking at the parking lot)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I usually charge my MS at the Fremont factory super charger. One thing I can vouch for is the Fremont factory parking lots are full day and night. They even have some good carpool incentives in place due to the parking shortage at the factory.

For all those waiting for their M3, rest assured production seems to be in full-swing.

These are pics of just one area of the parking lot.
IMG_7680.jpg

IMG_7679.jpg

I usually charge my MS at the Fremont factory super charger. One thing I can vouch for is the Fremont factory parking lots are full day and night. They even have some good carpool incentives in place due to the parking shortage at the factory.

For all those waiting for their M3, rest assured production seems to be in full-swing.

View attachment 252176
View attachment 252177

Thank you for this informative post.

Could you please discuss in general terms how what you see today compares to, say, a month or two ago?

Thank you int-veh. How does the night time parking lot utilization by employees compare over the last couple of months? Is it significantly higher now which would certainly indicate a growing M3 ramp up?

Reactions: bhzmark
Wow. Could you be any more blatant in scraping internet forums for "journalism"?

Go do the legwork yourself.

I'm sorry you feel that way. My goal was to move the discussion forward, as without a historical reference point for context, this information may not have much meaning.

For your information, I would not be able to publish an article about this post anyway. I have majority of my and client assets invested in Tesla, which is why I spend almost all of my time every day at TMC, both contributing and learning from others.

It's been reported on.

parking at tesla factort - Google Search

Google can be your friend if used correctly.

Thank you anyway for providing this link. I think Tesla's parking issues have been well advertised by FUDsters, but it's helpful nonetheless.

Going back to OP's post: I wonder if there's a way we can establish that parking lot being full overnight equates to Model 3 line ramping up. What if these employees are working on Model S and X, which as we know, have recently seen tremendous uptick in demand and deliveries. This is why, I think, if we can establish that the parking lot looked less full a month ago versus last night, then we can reasonably assume that increased overnight presence at the parking lot could mean Model 3 line is ramping up nicely.

Either way, I think TSLA is deeply undervalued and Tesla will resolve the bottlenecks in the "near term," so I'm not worried about my long-term investment, but it may help to think through what I explained above.

It's been reported on.

parking at tesla factort - Google Search

Google can be your friend if used correctly.

Interesting data point from 4 months ago, but no evidence (even in the more informative Electrek article) on nighttime parking (production only, vs production + mgmt, sg&a, etc.) which is why int-veh's observation and ValueAnalyst's clarification question are so helpful.
Thanks, int-veh for posting this - at the risk of reading too much into it, at least we know the line isn't so buggy it is at a long term standstill.

Thank you anyway for providing this link. I think Tesla's parking issues have been well advertised by FUDsters, but it's helpful nonetheless.

Going back to OP's post: I wonder if there's a way we can establish that parking lot being full overnight equates to Model 3 line ramping up. What if these employees are working on Model S and X, which as we know, have recently seen tremendous uptick in demand and deliveries. This is why, I think, if we can establish that the parking lot looked less full a month ago versus last night, then we can reasonably assume that increased overnight presence at the parking lot could mean Model 3 line is ramping up nicely.

Either way, I think TSLA is deeply undervalued and Tesla will resolve the bottlenecks in the "near term," so I'm not worried about my long-term investment, but it may help to think through what I explained above.

Or we can assume they have more employees
Or we can assume that people are parking in the front instead of the back
Or we can assume the shuttle from another lot is broken and everyone has to park in the lot now.
Or we can assume that there is another building now open on the premises that requires more people.
Or we can assume all day ........different things and run like crazy with it.

Anyone have any "real" facts?

Or we can assume they have more employees
Or we can assume that people are parking in the front instead of the back
Or we can assume the shuttle from another lot is broken and everyone has to park in the lot now.
Or we can assume that there is another building now open on the premises that requires more people.
Or we can assume all day ........different things and run like crazy with it.

Anyone have any "real" facts?

But because this is the internet, someone will make a speculation and likely be wrong.

Then someone will go back into a 3 month old zombie thread to "disagree" with all the wrong posts, as if they're suddenly smarter than everyone. Rinse. Repeat.

• Funny
Reactions: Lunarx
Guys, I've been charging here only a month. So cant compare it to earlier months or comment on whether it is due to Model 3 or not. A year back i don't recall seeing the parking lots full at night when passing by if that means anything. Perhaps others supercharging in Fremont can chime in.

• Informative
Reactions: ValueAnalyst