Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory tint level on front windows?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have searched and searched... Either it doesn't exists or someone doesn't want me to find it. What percentage tint is on the driver and passenger side doors? From what I can find, the Fwds are 90%, but I want the front doors. Any help would be amazing.

I have searched and searched... Either it doesn't exists or someone doesn't want me to find it. What percentage tint is on the driver and passenger side doors? From what I can find, the Fwds are 90%, but I want the front doors. Any help would be amazing.

I believe the sides on the FWD and the rear hatch are 10% meaning they let in 10% of light.

Prior to having my windows tinted, we used a meter on the driver side window and saw 90%, implying a 10% light reduction. I can't say/don't know if that means it was specifically a tint or just a slight reduction due to the glass, but the fancy meter showed the equivalent of a 10% reduction.

We didn't measure the passenger side but I think it's reasonable to assume they are the same.

I concur that FWD & hatch are only 10% light transmission from Tesla.

Prior to having my windows tinted, we used a meter on the driver side window and saw 90%, implying a 10% light reduction. I can't say/don't know if that means it was specifically a tint or just a slight reduction due to the glass, but the fancy meter showed the equivalent of a 10% reduction.

We didn't measure the passenger side but I think it's reasonable to assume they are the same.

I concur that FWD & hatch are only 10% light transmission from Tesla.

Oh I see... that's interesting they seem untinted.