TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Factory tint level on front windows?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ZachBreck, Sep 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ZachBreck

ZachBreck Member

I have searched and searched... Either it doesn't exists or someone doesn't want me to find it. What percentage tint is on the driver and passenger side doors? From what I can find, the Fwds are 90%, but I want the front doors. Any help would be amazing.

2. outie

outie Active Member

The front windows are not factory tinted.

3. ZachBreck

ZachBreck Member

Ha. Maybe why I can't find a number.

4. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

Side doors seem none.

5. Xtek

Xtek Member

I believe the sides on the FWD and the rear hatch are 10% meaning they let in 10% of light.

6. carteriii

carteriii Member

Prior to having my windows tinted, we used a meter on the driver side window and saw 90%, implying a 10% light reduction. I can't say/don't know if that means it was specifically a tint or just a slight reduction due to the glass, but the fancy meter showed the equivalent of a 10% reduction.

We didn't measure the passenger side but I think it's reasonable to assume they are the same.

I concur that FWD & hatch are only 10% light transmission from Tesla.

7. Xtek

Xtek Member

Oh I see... that's interesting they seem untinted.