Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory Tour August 4 - Model 3 maybe?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A recent report on Electrek from someone taking the factory tour states the Model 3 production line area is blocked from view. I doubt it will be shown on tours a few weeks from now as it will likely be moving very slowly, which is to be expected given Elon's stated goals for monthly production.

My wife and I are scheduled for a factory tour on August 2nd. It will be my fourth tour in 4 years. Every time there have been dramatic changes clearly visible. It's an amazing experience!

Reactions: RAM_Eh
...Anyone been on the tour lately and think the model 3 line will be part of it?

It's doubtful that any Model 3 assembly line is shared with current S's and X's.

Elon Musk described it as "alien dreadnought" where the speed is so fast to be safe for human assembly worker to work in the line:

"You really can't have people in the production line itself, Otherwise you'll automatically drop to people speed."

So it is doubtful that Tesla wants the public to see the beta run of the Model 3 assembly line that is still full of human workers.

Well, did you see one? :)
Well no unfortunately not!
20170717_110639.jpg