Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory tour, how to best manage luggage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couple with a brief business trip to the Fremont area, I'm scheduled for a Tesla factory tour in the near future. Due to the logistics of the trip and available tour times; however, the factory tour has to be the last stop I make before heading to the airport, after checking out of my hotel.

I'm not renting a car because I'll be ride sharing and using public transportation and my hotel is in the opposite direction from the factory on the path to the airport, so timing doesn't allow me to return to my hotel, even if they were to let me store my luggage there after checking out.

In short, what the heck can I do with my luggage during the factory tour? I don't want to be a doofus carting luggage around and I don't want to impose on anyone at the factory about this. They have enough to do, and plus, in today's world asking to leave unattended luggage around is a bad idea.

Any suggestions?

Two things.

First, can you go to the airport and check your luggage early?

Second, the people at the tour desk are very nice and accommodating. I would be surprised if they wouldn't allow you to stow your luggage there for the duration of the tour. They certainly won't allow you to take it with you on the tour. Also, they've probably had this happen plenty of times in the past, so I don't think you'd really be imposing them with the request.

The tour is awesome. Enjoy!

Two things.

First, can you go to the airport and check your luggage early?

Second, the people at the tour desk are very nice and accommodating. I would be surprised if they wouldn't allow you to stow your luggage there for the duration of the tour. They certainly won't allow you to take it with you on the tour. Also, they've probably had this happen plenty of times in the past, so I don't think you'd really be imposing them with the request.

The tour is awesome. Enjoy!

Airport, no. But that's really good to know about the tour desk people. Thank you.