Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory Tour in Fremont

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's rare but you might see something that hasn't been announced yet. I did, although I didn't realize what it was until a week or two later when it got announced. Since the form I signed to go on the tour includes some form of NDA, that's all I'm going to say.

I went on a tour a couple of weeks ago. It was fun. We saw the Model 3 line which was quite impressive as there where so much more robots than the Model S/X line.
The tour only lasts an hour so you only get a very brief overview of the process. Tesla makes almost all components themselves, even for instance seating, dashboard and steering wheel. I would love to have seen how they made the dashboard or steering wheel or how the battery pack was assembled. We did not see that, during the tour they just suddenly "appeared". In that way the tour was a bit of a disappointment for me..

Hello everyone,

I really don't want to disturb you.
I am a french engineering student currently doing an internship in NYC but I will go to SF at the end of August.
I am really amazed by Tesla and I would love to visit the factory but I am not yet a Tesla owner as you may guess. So I was wondering if anyone was interested to visit the Fremont factory at the end of august and take me with him/ her ?

Thank you very much in advance,

I am sorry if I have bored you but I don't really where to ask my request...

Hello everyone,

I really don't want to disturb you.
I am a french engineering student currently doing an internship in NYC but I will go to SF at the end of August.
I am really amazed by Tesla and I would love to visit the factory but I am not yet a Tesla owner as you may guess. So I was wondering if anyone was interested to visit the Fremont factory at the end of august and take me with him/ her ?

Thank you very much in advance,

I am sorry if I have bored you but I don't really where to ask my request...

I'm going in mid-August (targeting the 16th).

Hello all,

wife and I (Model 3 reservation holders and long-time Tesla fans) are planning a trip from France to California by end-Nov / beg-Dec 2018.

We would love to visit the Fremont factory. Is there any owner planning to visit, and could we please join?

Thank you!

• Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch
Fwiw, the last factory tour I went on around six years ago was pretty lame. The first one I went on in 2013 was a lot better. The factory has undergone several upgrades since then, but whether they’d show you the truly interesting bits is unknown.