Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory tour with M3 purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here part of the email when requesting for a tour and Model 3 owners can book tours.

Email them at: [email protected]
  • We host factory tours for Tesla owners Monday-Friday promptly at 10am, 11am, 3pm, and 4pm, excluding major holidays
  • Tours last approximately 60 minutes
  • All minors must be accompanied by an adult
  • No toddlers or infants (0 – 36 months old) permitted on the tour
  • The registered Tesla owner must be present for the tour and may bring up to 3 guests
  • We cannot reserve tours more than three months in advance
  • We suggest booking at least 2-4 weeks in advance to ensure you get a seat on a tour
  • Tesla owners may book one tour per calendar year

Recommend you skip the 3 and 4pm ones as that is when they do the shift change. The most action will be seen at the 10 and 11am. I did the 3pm in March and most of the robots and people were idle due to the shift chamge over.

Here part of the email when requesting for a tour and Model 3 owners can book tours.

Email them at: [email protected]
  • We host factory tours for Tesla owners Monday-Friday promptly at 10am, 11am, 3pm, and 4pm, excluding major holidays
  • Tours last approximately 60 minutes
  • All minors must be accompanied by an adult
  • No toddlers or infants (0 – 36 months old) permitted on the tour
  • The registered Tesla owner must be present for the tour and may bring up to 3 guests
  • We cannot reserve tours more than three months in advance
  • We suggest booking at least 2-4 weeks in advance to ensure you get a seat on a tour
  • Tesla owners may book one tour per calendar year

Curious when you send in your request for a tour (dates/times) do you need to tell them how many people at that point as well? Do you need to supply names? I know when we wanted to tour Vandenberg a number of years ago we had to submit a request in advance with our names and wait to be approved. I understand we sign a non-disclosure and of course no photos or recordings.

We're going to plan a tour (our first) soon and have a friend's daughter that I think will love us forever if we can take her along if she can come (she's 16 btw). Not knowing what date will get assigned, not sure when she'd be able to make it though. So how does this email request go when you submit it? The daughter was so excited to learn we owned a Tesla and when we asked her if she wanted to come for a ride in our car, we thought she was going to faint. Can't imagine what will happen to her if we take her on a tour with us!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SageBrush
When you request a tour they will give you their first available. You can ping back with your preferred date/times and the number of people total (no names at this point) that will be attending; Tesla will work with you from there. Upon arrival at the factory anyone will a Gov. issued photo ID will be asked to sign an NDA, from what I remember under 17 children are exempt.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
  • Helpful
Reactions: turtlebud
Good to know Tesla owners may tour the Fremont factory.

Anyone know how far it is from San Francisco?
It's about an hour from San Francisco. You could rent a car from any of several locations in the city and drive over to Fremont. But plan ahead for buying gas upon your return. The worst "range anxiety" I ever had was trying to find a gas station in San Francisco before the rental car place closed. Or you could rent someone's car on Turo. The option with the least hassle is to take BART to the Fremont / Warm Springs station. If you do that, you have to plan for transportation to and from the entrance because the station is on the back side of the factory and it is a long way around. So take a Lyft or Uber, or ask the factory tour reps if they can pick you up at the BART station. Some people have reported that Tesla will do that.

It's about an hour from San Francisco. You could rent a car from any of several locations in the city and drive over to Fremont. But plan ahead for buying gas upon your return. The worst "range anxiety" I ever had was trying to find a gas station in San Francisco before the rental car place closed. Or you could rent someone's car on Turo. The option with the least hassle is to take BART to the Fremont / Warm Springs station. If you do that, you have to plan for transportation to and from the entrance because the station is on the back side of the factory and it is a long way around. So take a Lyft or Uber, or ask the factory tour reps if they can pick you up at the BART station. Some people have reported that Tesla will do that.

Rick,
An hour from San Fran is fab!

Last year I rented a Chevy Volt thru Turo. Great service from renter where she met me at passenger exit at SFO.
Best way to rent without going to the on-site car rental agents and avoid the elevated train ride.

Reactions: LoL Rick