Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory tour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just know I'm supposed to be at the factory at 2pm. They didn't say anything about tour/pickup time. Maybe mine is like yours?

Probably. I think the tours run at specific times.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm supposed to show up at 11 a.m. this Thursday, except I just got a call and it may be postponed until the following Tuesday.. :(

Hope not! My dashboard still says sourcing parts, I may get the same call.

We did our tour on Tuesday. Even tho we won't take delivery in seattle for two more weeks. My kids were able to come and the tour was fantastic!! Elon has built a fantastic product and the facility that builds it is state of the art. If you have the opportunity definitely do the tour. We drove 11 hours for it.

Someone mentioned you're given the option to buy accessories from the store at a slightly reduced rate (10% discount or something) immediately following the tour. Any truth to that? Wondering if I should buy stuff ahead of time or not.

Haven't heard about a discount, but you would save on the outrageous shipping & handling costs (minus the CA state sales tax)…do the math first.

Sorry I didn't have time to read the whole thread, but I dont think they are doing the age limit or may have lowered it. I informed Tesla that our daughter is 10 and they said as long as she is over 48" tall you are fine. Will update after our tour on Friday.

Sorry I didn't have time to read the whole thread, but I dont think they are doing the age limit or may have lowered it. I informed Tesla that our daughter is 10 and they said as long as she is over 48" tall you are fine. Will update after our tour on Friday.

They made special arrangements for us. My daughter wasn't quite tall enough. The director gave us a special sticker for her to wear showing that she'd been approved by him and not to be questioned by anyone. Both of my kids LOVED the tour and now when we do speaking engagements about our car my kids will speak up about the car because they've seen how they're built.

They made special arrangements for us. My daughter wasn't quite tall enough. The director gave us a special sticker for her to wear showing that she'd been approved by him and not to be questioned by anyone. Both of my kids LOVED the tour and now when we do speaking engagements about our car my kids will speak up about the car because they've seen how they're built.

Great to hear. No issues for us on the tour today w our 10 yr old daughter. We had a great time.

Glad to hear that. May I ask how tall is your daughter? Mine is 47" now and our original delivery date was 8/15 so I thought she will "grow into it" but now it is pulled forward to 6/30. I am a little concern she will be off by an inch" We are planning on a different hairstyle and heels to get around it. :smile:

Great to hear. No issues for us on the tour today w our 10 yr old daughter. We had a great time.

Mine was 44" at the time we went through in October and she was 6. I wouldn't worry about it. They don't get out a stick or anything. Really I think they're more concerned about behavior and making sure that kids can follow directions because there is a lot going on inside the factory etc. and most kids that are 48" are old enough to be obedient.

Thanks for the info. I am relieved now. As for behavior, I don't think height matter. My 5'8" 13 year old son can be more troubles than my 6 year old. LOL.

Mine was 44" at the time we went through in October and she was 6. I wouldn't worry about it. They don't get out a stick or anything. Really I think they're more concerned about behavior and making sure that kids can follow directions because there is a lot going on inside the factory etc. and most kids that are 48" are old enough to be obedient.