Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory Tour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
we got invited on a factory tour. Has anyone done it?

If you have. Do you have any tips about the tour? How long is the tour? Is there anything else to see before or after the tour?

Places and things to see around the factory. Thanks.

If you are lucky to see most of the equipment running, I am sure the tour will be awesome. When we went to the tour, most of the machines are down and only a few were running. (Most of the staff were on break.) I can only rate my experience as interesting. We still learned a lot about the whole production process.

I have been on the factory tour twice.

First time was June of 2014, just before the re-organization of the production line.
They had a lot of areas of the factory which had not been renovated since it was the NUMMI plant, and those areas had huge areas with stored product in it.
And we visited some areas of production.

The factory tour a couple of weeks ago was three times better.
They have the same five prototype cars there, just moved around a bit.
Much more of the factory formerly storing materials was now manufacturing cars: Model S and Model X, left-hand drive and right-hand drive one after another.
Tour take right at an hour.

There were people on our tour from Norway, Switzerland, Germany, England, Australia, even a lady who drove her car from Dallas (we had flown in, were in a rental car).
Most of them were there for TMC Connect and the Gigafactory opening.

So much to do and see in Northern California, it is unlike any place in the world.
You can go into SF and explore the Bay including Alcatraz, head West to Monterrey Bay and Point Lobos maybe Silicone Valley and Palo Alto, head North to wine country and Muir Woods, head East to Yosemite and South Lake Tahoe or South to Cambria and Hearst Castle and mid Coast California Big Sur.
You will run out of time (and money) before you run out of things to see and do in California.

In October, I am traveling to San Francisco. It is possible to look at the plant in Fremont? :)

Maybe I'll see how to make my X! :cool:

You need to reach out to your local DS, and have someone with the factory issue you an invitation with a specific date and time: you probably can't just show up unannounced and get on a tour.
Further ahead you you plan your trip, better chances you have of getting on a factory tour.

Reactions: faktor