TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Factory Tours / Visiting Tesla USA

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by Pezmc, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Pezmc

Pezmc Nomad

Hello there,

I posted on the TeslaMotors.com forum but it looks like TMC is much more active, so I thought I'd sign up and join some fellow enthusiasts!

My partner and I are nomadic EV enthusiasts from the UK (despite not owning one just yet, had to secure somewhere to live first!), and future Model 3 owners, and have been following Tesla for a long long while!

We're heading to SF later this week to start a four month road trip across the USA, SF -> NYC, in a petrol car I'm afraid we can't find anyone renting good EV's at a reasonable price.
    We're wondering if there is anything to see at Tesla in California or NV, either the Factory in Fremont/HQ in Palo Alto/Gigafactory in NV. I know some of the other powerhouses in the area have small tourist attractions/shops, but thought you'd be the experts on what Tesla has to see out there.

I've also been reading about the Factory tours, but gather those are currently for Model S owners only?
    If we had somewhere to live, we'd own one already, but my partner said we should probably sort out accommodation first :)

Pez

2. Fallenone

Fallenone Active Member

I believe as long as you have a reservation number, you can schedule a Fremont factory tour with them. But given you are heading to SF this week, I don't know if they can squeeze you in the queue.

3. Pezmc

Pezmc Nomad

Do you know how we'd get in touch? I tried the box on Contact | Tesla Motors a few weeks back but never heard back!

4. gene

gene Active Member

I would suggest you call Tesla. When there is space available they can at times accommodate.

5. Pezmc

Pezmc Nomad

I'll give that a go, would it be the sales number do you think? Listed as (888) 518-3752

6. gene

gene Active Member

Yes, that number is fine. I've used it as a general number to then be transferred to the proper person.

7. UnbeknownstToAll

UnbeknownstToAll Owner of 3 Model S (Matchbox) cars

Good question - I was wondering the same thing.

8. UnbeknownstToAll

I just confirmed you must be a current owner of a Roadster, S, or X. Here is the response

Currently, we are only providing tours to our Roadster, Model S, and Model X owners. Please reach out to us once you have configured your Model 3 and it has entered production. We are extremely proud of our revolutionary factory and would love to show it off to you! Again, thank you and please stay in touch.

9. UnbeknownstToAll

Or go with a current owner as their guest.

10. Pezmc

Pezmc Nomad

I sent them a few emails over the past few weeks and haven't heard back on any of them, which is super disappointing.

When I rang the sales number suggested above, I also didn't get anywhere at all, the agent was polite but not particularly helpful, I got pretty much the same as Steve above, which is really unhelpful given that we don't live in the USA!