Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory Tours / Visiting Tesla USA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello there,

I posted on the TeslaMotors.com forum but it looks like TMC is much more active, so I thought I'd sign up and join some fellow enthusiasts!

My partner and I are nomadic EV enthusiasts from the UK (despite not owning one just yet, had to secure somewhere to live first!), and future Model 3 owners, and have been following Tesla for a long long while!

We're heading to SF later this week to start a four month road trip across the USA, SF -> NYC, in a petrol car I'm afraid we can't find anyone renting good EV's at a reasonable price.
We're wondering if there is anything to see at Tesla in California or NV, either the Factory in Fremont/HQ in Palo Alto/Gigafactory in NV. I know some of the other powerhouses in the area have small tourist attractions/shops, but thought you'd be the experts on what Tesla has to see out there.

I've also been reading about the Factory tours, but gather those are currently for Model S owners only?
If we had somewhere to live, we'd own one already, but my partner said we should probably sort out accommodation first :)

Pez

I just confirmed you must be a current owner of a Roadster, S, or X. Here is the response

Currently, we are only providing tours to our Roadster, Model S, and Model X owners. Please reach out to us once you have configured your Model 3 and it has entered production. We are extremely proud of our revolutionary factory and would love to show it off to you! Again, thank you and please stay in touch.

I just confirmed you must be a current owner of a Roadster, S, or X. Here is the response

Currently, we are only providing tours to our Roadster, Model S, and Model X owners. Please reach out to us once you have configured your Model 3 and it has entered production. We are extremely proud of our revolutionary factory and would love to show it off to you! Again, thank you and please stay in touch.

Or go with a current owner as their guest.

I sent them a few emails over the past few weeks and haven't heard back on any of them, which is super disappointing.

When I rang the sales number suggested above, I also didn't get anywhere at all, the agent was polite but not particularly helpful, I got pretty much the same as Steve above, which is really unhelpful given that we don't live in the USA!