TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Factory tours

Discussion in 'Model X' started by marty2112, Jul 23, 2015.

1. marty2112

marty2112 Member

Anyone been on a tour recently? I pinged Tesla and they said no tours next week (7/27).

X reveal soon or coincidence...

2. mspisars

mspisars Member

Probably bringing line 2 online - someone else posted that there are no tours first week of August as well!

3. strengthcoach4

I toured the other week and they were getting ready to bring line 2 online within a few days.

4. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I was there supercharging today on a trip back from SoCal and tours were definitely in progress. I drove with very open eyes for any X action, but alas.. nada.

On another note, that place is a madhouse these days! My delivery day and tour were pretty calm. They seem to be trucking people through there these days.. or at least this day.

5. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

They might be cramming in extra tours if they plan to shut them down for a bit. It would explain the extra traffic. Just a guess of course.

6. DriverOne

DriverOne Member

I was hoping to go on a tour but... now I know to book well ahead!

7. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

I tried booking a tour for Dec 23 or Dec 28 but got a message back that they are fully booked through the end of the year!

ANYONE out there who has a tour scheduled for those dates have room for a plus 1?

8. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

My understanding is that there are no factory tours offered during December 2015. Something to do with the ramping up of the new Assembly Line #2 for X production.

9. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Not sure if that's true...See the email response I got below..they also put me on a waiting list.

"Due to high demand for tours over the holidays, we are already fully booked through the end of the year."

10. 1208

1208 Active Member

I thought it was due to Tesla not wanting to let the public know they recruit elves to make the cars in the lead up to Christmas whilst the normal workers go on holiday.

11. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Elves!?! I thought it was oompaloompas! Silly me. ;-)

12. ChadFeldheimer

The tours may be filling up towards the end of the year because of additional Fremont deliveries. It's convenient to take a factory tour in conjunction with delivery of your car from the factory. And pushing year/quarter-end Fremont deliveries (at the expense of overseas or cross-continental deliveries) help Tesla meet their short term delivery goals by eliminating transit time.

13. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

What if Tesla is purposely blocking out tour slots during December to leave spots open for Model-X owners, in case they want to pick up from factory and book a tour? That would mean some some slots could come free and putting your name on a waiting list might be fruitful.