Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factsheet Tesla Powerwall. How much is that battery power going to cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been more than a week since Tesla unveiled its Powerwall battery system and they already received 38,000 reservations for the home system and 2,500 reservations for the much bigger, commercial-scale battery systems. Musk described the total demand as "more like 50,000 or 60,000” batteries. The demand is huge! The reservations are worth $800 million. http://strom-report.de/#tesla

According to cleantechnica it turns out that Powerwall is not profitable in general. With a minimum price of 10 cent per kWh stored energy. retail price in the US starts from 12 cent. there are only some parts of the US with a benefit. Outside the US there are markets with better oportunities for Tesla (See the factsheet: electricity prices by country)

Where I come from, Powerwall is worth a calculation. I pay $ 0,38 per kWh and I'll install a solar power system this summer.

Tesla_Powerwall_Factsheet-social.jpg

Argh on them saying "7 kilowatt hours" in one place and then "7 kW" right next to that. Grrr on people being lazy with units. I saw the text on the left and thought, "Finally, someone that doesn't get kW confused with kWh". No such luck.

"My parent's VW Jetta doesn't give them range anxiety. They can travel 600 mph between fill-ups!"

"Argh on them saying "7 kilowatt hours" in one place and then "7 kW" right next to that. Grrr on people being lazy with units. I saw the text on the left and thought, "Finally, someone that doesn't get kW confused with kWh". No such luck.

"My parent's VW Jetta doesn't give them range anxiety. They can travel 600 mph between fill-ups!""

Argh on people who confuse MPH with MPG. You parents may not have range anxiety, but probably SPEED anxiety !! hahaha