Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Failed attempts at humor and other tales

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8B40C29D-456B-47BC-9587-9E8F14F6D906.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: dedicatedtek
a very poor attempt imho, I would be on double secret probation if I inferred booby trapping a car in order to inflict injuries. I don' t know how law enforcement looks at doing that up there but here in the states setting booby traps of any kind will land you in a heap of trouble with the law.
Wait a sec - @kort677 makes another joke poking fun at himself - and he gets 5 DISAGREES? Maybe I'm not awake and this is just a dream. This is so weird.

• Funny
Reactions: buttershrimp
Oh my God @kort677 you've been punking them all this entire thread - they all fail reading comprehension - send them back to 1st grade. Jesus. It's in your damn signature: "This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm."

You made a joke about violence regarding people touching someone's car. Then you made a pious remark about another member made an obvious joke (which you somehow thought was serious) about inflicting violence on someone for touching their car. When you get called out on the hypocrisy of it, you want to play semantics and talk to me about critical thinking?

That's your first good joke. The horrible Italian stereotype thug was your worst.
Jesus Christ. @sakimano - you completely misread Kort. Also I'm Italian and think the stereotyping is funny - he gets a pass on that one.

• Funny
Reactions: buttershrimp
I am curious about which mod created this thread, obviously whom ever is responsible is making a personal attack on me. We are all equal here but some must be more equal. What's the line on someone revealing their ID?
It really was not personal to you. Possibly you're missing the point.
Given your location and your posting history I offer the following evidence:
1. You live in what is nominally a US State in which English is becoming minority language, especaiallysince a recent hurricane in which FEMA has done such an outstanding job that they've moved almost 100,000 more PR residents to your State.
2. The personal attack you allege was made in English.
3. You are from Florida (see item 1)
4. Therefore you did not make a personal attack on yourself.

As for equality, I don't understand the concept as you frame it.

As Floridians we all know we are dual citizens (except for the aforementioned Puerto Rico born people who have, despite Mr. T's lack of understanding, no other citizenship. They're only Americans as in US citizens with no other option.

Otherwise Floridians have the following categories, in order of legislative influence:
Category Voting Weight
Cuban Americans (born in Cuba before 1959). - 600%
South American politicians naturalized (any age)- 500%
Dual Citizens (Russia, Paraguay, Malta, Cyprus)- 400% (can include such multiples as desired for Malta, Cyprus as long as resident between Miami Beach and Aventura in celebrity- branded developments as determined by reference to sponsors of certain Palm Beach Clubs. Vote unlimited times if member of said club also)
Dual Citizens (Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela, other SA) 300%
Cuban Americans (born after 1965 in the US) TBD
Crackers 200%
US born moved from PR 40% (unless in I-4 corridor in which case doesn't matter because your polling place is closed)
Dual citizen (Haiti) 40% (in resident in Coconut Grove must prove capable of running state police gauntlet at polling place)
Dual citizen (Bahamas, non-Haiti Caribbean) 0% (you'll fail the butterfly test or not possess ID)
Residents of The Villages 100% (just as it was UP North)

There is no category shown to provide for you AFAIK. Luckily I, as others of my ilk, can vote in our other country too and have the votes in Florida and the other country count the same which is zero despite the stated chart overweight status.

Note: MY US Representative, Ileana, is retiring she says. Odd because I have voted against her every time she's been up for reelection. Her office did not have any English speakers available when I went to see her and I did not wish to speak in Spanish with my US Representative's office. I wasn't born in Cuba so I don't understand anyway.

I am curious about which mod created this thread, obviously whom ever is responsible is making a personal attack on me. We are all equal here but some must be more equal. What's the line on someone revealing their ID?

This thread was created when @Doug_G pulled out the sidebar discussion prompted by sakimano's interpretation of one of your posts.

Doug was actually understanding of what you were saying, not trying to attack you (he had posted in the original thread before it spun off to the point it was spun off). I suggest rereading from the start.

Pulling it out of context has lead to some confusion esp due to it's resurrection by calisnow (who likely did not know the back story). And note it was not moved to snippiness, which in retrospect might have made things clearer.