Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Failed MCU and USB peripherals — anyone still using Taptes Pro 6 USB-A port with success? Should I be worried?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have an update on their Taptes Pro 6 USB-A hub experience? I’ve had ‘USB device malfunctions’ for about a year now, I actually bought the Taptes Pro last March to replace another hub I thought might be the culprit (along with trying new drives etc.). During the year long process to get this fixed Tesla has blamed every peripheral under the sun.

Fast forward to today and I’ve since had the Tesla USB ports replaced (no effect) and now a brand new MCU. The brand new MCU finally fixed my woes, but I am beyond nervous about plugging anything back in. Any thoughts on the Taptes in particular?

I’m similarly worried about my PDP xbox controller. The PDP used to work perfectly but at some point stopped mapping with Cup Head and other odd symptoms (which persists with the new MCU during a VERY brief trial).

Old thread but I would like to know if your MCU USB issues were resolved completely.

I ask because I can't get the USB port in the AMD MCU (1/23 build M3RWD) to detect a known good flash drive even when directly connected with a short USB-A to Mini USB adapter. A Tesplus module also does not work. This might warrant a call to Tesla Service.

Last edited by a moderator: