Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Failed signature light on 2021 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While stopped behind another car I noticed in the reflection that my passenger side headlight signature light was out. It's the light bar below the daytime running light. I submitted a service request and have an appointment set for 8/30. I am attaching a picture that shows the driver's side working and the passenger side inop.

This appears to have been an issue when the Model 3 first came out but I didn't notice any recent posts about it. I have a 2021 M3 LR delivered in March. I wouldn't have noticed it but for the right set of circumstances. The light bar is subtle and you have to almost be looking for it. You may want to check your cars.
IMG_0861A.jpg

Mobile service replaced the headlight while I was at work and it was covered under warranty.
I inspected the car after work and found that indeed the right signature light was now working but:
1. The right headlight was aimed full down and would not adjust.
2. The right turn signals flashed at twice the rate of the left side.
3. The right headlight made a grinding noise whenever the car was on like it was trying to raise up to the level position but couldn’t. When driving the right headlight was constantly twitching.

I immediately made another service appointment but the soonest time was in three weeks. I was pretty upset that this service visit had basically disabled night driving for a cosmetic issue.

The next day a software update came to the car which fixed all these issues. I guess even a headlight replacement requires a software update. Why it wasn’t done during the visit I do not know.