Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Failed software update, sentry mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just thought I’d give heads up Incase anyone else has this issue.

Just depend past hour trying to get an update to install via the app, despite me saying install now it would try but default to scheduled...

Scratching my head and getting inpatient I went out to the car and noticed a message asking to disable sentry mode before update could install, disabled it and update started installing

This message isn’t in the app though so you just get stuck in a loop of only using the app to start an install, now I’m just curious what update i got and what if any goodies, already on 19,8.3

I’m just curious what update i got

Version? Shows on the Info screen (in the car) - but I'm sure you know that :) If you have TeslaFi that will tell you too (and a history of when-you-got-what).

what if any goodies

Apart from major updates the "What's new" often just says "Some bug fixes"

This forum could do with one consistent place to look for discussion on new updates. Folk post threads but the subjects are inconsistent, and I only read the UK forum these days ... ploughing through all the threads in the e.g. Model-S forum has lots of stuff not relevant to me/UK as is to be expected.