Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Failed to enable keyless driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Matias

Apr 2, 2014
Finland
A1498059-4F3C-4FC8-8F00-905486AE876D.png

When I try to enable keyless driving from app I get this error. Model S 2015. MCU has been replaced about a year ago. I’m not sure if I have tried this with this new MCU.

Otherwise I can e.g. open the doors or honk by using the app. So other than the keyless
driving everything works.

What could be the reason?

Did this work before, and now it doesn’t, or have you never been able to do this?

On the M3, recognizing the phone as a BT connected device and using it as a key are two separate things that must be configured separately. I’m assuming it’s the same on the MS. After you configure the BT connection between the phone and the car you add the connected phone as a key on the same screen where you can see the keycards.

Did this work before, and now it doesn’t, or have you never been able to do this?

On the M3, recognizing the phone as a BT connected device and using it as a key are two separate things that must be configured separately. I’m assuming it’s the same on the MS. After you configure the BT connection between the phone and the car you add the connected phone as a key on the same screen where you can see the keycards.
Not the same on the S. I use it all the time, just use the app and set it to go, there is no pairing involved.

My car was manufactured July 2017 and just recently upgraded to MCU 2 & HW3. I don't show any indication of allow keyless driving under safety & security.

But one day, prior to the latest upgrade, I did not have my fob with me. When not in my pocket it sits on my closet shelf which is about 6 feet from the car in the garage. I rushed out to go pick up some pizza, the door handles would not open so I simply pressed on the driver side handle and they opened, got in the car and on the way to the pizza place, I received a message that basically said the fob is not in the car. I was concerned if I stopped, got out of the car to pick up the pizza, then I would not be let back in at that point. When I arrived at the pizza shop, I called and told them I had forgotten my mask and could not come into the building, so they delivered the pizza to my car which saved me from the embarrassment of having to call home to have my wife deliver the fob.