Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"failed to open trunk" VC and button. M3LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just posting here before opening a service request as I have not seen anyone post about this. I have found that I can no longer open my trunk with voice command OR the on screen button. However, I can open it via the app on my phone or the physical button on the trunk. I was unable to open the frunk or charge port from the screen either. Is anyone else having this issue? software ver 2022.16.3

thanks

i only noticed the problem recently, my last update was at the beginning of the month. i rebooted after it happened but no change
There was another thread on people who experienced similar (although only on trunk). One resolution was related to "unlock driver door" option and also toggling lock and unlock seems to change things. You may want to ask the person who took it to service how he ended up resolving it, unfortunately he did not report back in the thread.
Trunk won't open from screen?

There was another thread on people who experienced similar (although only on trunk). One resolution was related to "unlock driver door" option and also toggling lock and unlock seems to change things. You may want to ask the person who took it to service how he ended up resolving it, unfortunately he did not report back in the thread.
Trunk won't open from screen?
hey thank you so much! ill reach out to him and see what he says. I didn't find that thread when I searched earlier, but I didn't want to just open a service call for something that I might have been doing wrong or is an easy fix.