TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Failed to Turn on Climate

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by fluxemag, Jan 9, 2020.

1. fluxemag

fluxemag Member

I have 2019.40.50.7 (ad132c7b057e) and am no longer able to activate the climate control from the app. The first time I try it turns on and shows the red vents, but only for about 10 seconds before it shuts off. Subsequent attempts to turn it on from the app give me an error: Failed to Turn on Climate.

Anyone else having this problem? Everything works fine when I get to the car, but this is the time of year I'd really like to get into a warm car.

2. Mikestuff49

Mikestuff49 New Member

I just tried it on my app (same software version) and it worked OK. I'd do a restart on my phone and on the car and see if that helps.

3. RTPEV

RTPEV Member

Now that you mention it, I've noticed twice now that after I pre-heat the car, and specifically make sure the seat heaters are on, when we get out to the car about 10 minutes later the seats are cold, as if the seat heaters had not been running. I'll have to pay closer attention to whether the HVAC is still on during the warmup time.

4. fluxemag

fluxemag Member

Updated the app, restarted the phone and the car with no luck.

5. RTPEV

RTPEV Member

I've been paying close attention lately and my pre-heating seems to be working fine.

6. lylegroome

lylegroome New Member

If "Keep Climate On" is also not working, it could be a faulty, or loose connection to, indoor temperature sensor.

• Like x 1
  7. fluxemag

fluxemag Member

I checked the climate controls and indeed, Keep Climate is not available due to a system fault. Service has been scheduled. What I've read is it's possibly a faulty temp/humidity sensor in the cabin. The app correctly shows the temperature though, so we'll see.

8. fluxemag

fluxemag Member

Brought it in to service, they said it's a software problem and to just wait for the next 1 or 2 updates. Not a great outcome.

• Informative x 1
  9. 640k

640k Member

had this happen a while back and it resolved itself. a couple times i've "shot myself in the foot" because i didn't realize a door or trunk was open.

10. FastGTR

FastGTR Member

Had the problem pop up on Model 3. Completely randomly. Open a service ticket. A week later I was told new version was being pushed out. Got the latest model 3 version that came though last week and the problem still exists. In fact it is worse now. It accepts the turn on command and any changes (e.g. to temp and seat heaters) just fine and then it turns off exactly 40 seconds later. Subsequent attempts to turn it on fail with the error message. I have to basically go out to the car and open the door just to have it on, such a caveman approach.
    Really terrible not have that feature and the importance it has on gaining regen. back. I suggest opening service tickets. When they text for the conformation, ask them to get it fixed and if there is any value of coming in. This should make Tesla realize how important this is for the northern half of the continents.

11. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Still having this issue. Have rebooted, restarted app, etc. Anyone else?

12. Davisj2077

Davisj2077 Member

Same with me but I can't activate it in the car either, plus I just got a 12V battery warning. The car has 500 miles on it. All of this since the last update.