Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Failure to get a price adjustment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I originally placed my order back in February, but delayed until "August" due to virus uncertainty when my number came up in June. I'm currently scheduled for EOQ delivery.

In the meantime, the price of my exact configuration has dropped by $2k (Performance w/ PUP, Red, Towing, No FSD). I know a bunch of buyers were able to get their price adjusted, but Tesla has flatly refused for mine. The only way to have this adjusted is when my VIN is assigned, which according to my SA now happens after your vehicle is produced and will be roughly the last week of September.

Given the shuffling of delivery timeframes, and EOQ delivery now unavailable on most configurations, I'm worried they'll announce a price increase in the next few weeks. I'm thinking about giving up my spot in line and cancelling this order to make sure I get the lower price.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? I get the impression that as long as the vehicle you ordered is currently offered that it hasn't been a big deal for others.

I agree it's more likely than not the price remains the same, but it was a pretty big cut for this config. Last week I went back through price increases over the past few years, and with an exception or two they happen within 2 weeks of the end of the quarter. Sometimes they're effective immediately, and sometimes they announce they're coming and they're effective as of the first day of the quarter.

Maybe it's worth going around my delivery contact and using the website chat function.

I agree it's more likely than not the price remains the same, but it was a pretty big cut for this config. Last week I went back through price increases over the past few years, and with an exception or two they happen within 2 weeks of the end of the quarter. Sometimes they're effective immediately, and sometimes they announce they're coming and they're effective as of the first day of the quarter.

Maybe it's worth going around my delivery contact and using the website chat function.
Why don’t you just cancel and reorder? Do you need the car fast?

Reactions: CaliX
heh... where are you going during quarantine? Pocket the 2k... buy a Mister FPGA... load some ROMs and Chill.

Would be nice. Unfortunately my wife is in medicine and I'm considered critical to keeping the company I work for running, so work is normal for her and I'm in the office a lot.

The real ticking clock though is a car on its last legs that it's time to get rid of. We have a Volvo that spent 6 weeks in the shop for a major engine overhaul 6 months ago, and it failed in the same way again. Time to say goodbye to it.

I need to check out this Mister FPGA thing, though. I'm an FPGA developer by training, and actually have Terasic DE-10 on my desk literally right now. First I've heard of this project. Time to do some tinkering!

Reactions: aaron0k
Just change your config online, and then change it back to get the price update. My dad wanted to change the color of his Y, and when he made the change online, the price was adjusted down $3K due to the decrease in MSRP.

Would be silly to lose $100 and your place in line by cancelling the order and recreating it.

Just change your config online, and then change it back to get the price update. My dad wanted to change the color of his Y, and when he made the change online, the price was adjusted down $3K due to the decrease in MSRP.

Would be silly to lose $100 and your place in line by cancelling the order and recreating it.
It's a good idea for sure, but no longer an option, unfortunately. I can't edit the order online (the edit/configure button is gone).