Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Failure to Load Streaming Services

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RayJ

Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2022
Santa Fe, NM
My Tesla Model S was just delivered recently. After working for a while, streaming services stopped working and indicated a "Failure to Load". I was under the impression that new owners were given 1 year of trial premium connectivity. Is the streaming problem related to the Tesla software/Media Player, or would it be related to geographic location? Are streaming services delivered via satellite or other means??

Are streaming services delivered via satellite or other means??
Streaming services are deliverable by cellular service. In this case my understanding is that in the US Tesla is still using an AT&T cellular service. So if you are in an area where AT&T does not have a decent cellular coverage, then you'll be unable to get streaming or any other of the media services. I've been in some areas in NE Kentucky and in upper Wisconsin over the years which were cellular dead zones for my car and would loose streaming service.

Now if you're in an area where maybe cellular does exist by another carrier such that you still have connectivity via your phone, you can always use it as a hotspot, connect your car to it via wireless, and then stream. But that's really no different than just connecting your phone to your car via bluetooth or wired USB connecting and then playing music through your phone that way.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem with my 2016 X after doing a factory reset due to losing the driver's display. I've rebooted the center console multiple times, but I can't login to my Tesla or slacker account. On slacker I'm told to try aha later and on Tesla I'm told my email/password is incorrect. I'm able to login in just fine on my phone or iPad.

Upvote 0