Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faint beeping while driving 2022 model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New model X has been making a faint beeping noise since I received it two weeks ago. It mainly occurs when I press the gas or braking. It sounds like morse code in the background, and is super annoying.

Anyone else have this? It seems to happen mostly along with the normal whirring noise when driving. I had a 2018 model X, and it definitely doesn’t do this. Service appt is a few weeks out. Any help?

New model X has been making a faint beeping noise since I received it two weeks ago. It mainly occurs when I press the gas or braking. It sounds like morse code in the background, and is super annoying.

Anyone else have this? It seems to happen mostly along with the normal whirring noise when driving. I had a 2018 model X, and it definitely doesn’t do this. Service appt is a few weeks out. Any help?
Best to leave it to the expert at Tesla Service Centre.

But if you want my speculation I would say it could be the weights the tire shop adds to the wheel after wheel realignment from a tire or wheel change, hitting something as the wheel rotate?

Upvote 0
I would agree if I didn’t have the previous mx, and have 4 friends to compare with.
I would put in another request explaining that it wasn't present in your previous MX or that of 4 friends'. Including the audio recording.
Politely point out that the other Xs don't have this normal sound at all.

In the recording I only hear a higher pitch whine and no morse code like sound, though I don't think I've heard either sound in my X.
A better recording might help with your ticket.

Upvote 0
I would put in another request explaining that it wasn't present in your previous MX or that of 4 friends'. Including the audio recording.
Politely point out that the other Xs don't have this normal sound at all.

In the recording I only hear a higher pitch whine and no morse code like sound, though I don't think I've heard either sound in my X.
A better recording might help with your ticket.
They won’t help. Sucks.

Upvote 0