Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faint beeping while driving 2022 model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New model X has been making a faint beeping noise since I received it two weeks ago. It mainly occurs when I press the gas or braking. It sounds like morse code in the background, and is super annoying.

Anyone else have this? It seems to happen mostly along with the normal whirring noise when driving. I had a 2018 model X, and it definitely doesn’t do this. Service appt is a few weeks out. Any help?

Are you comparing 2020 or later Xs? They switched to a permanent magnet motor about then and those make different noise than earlier motors.

The sound coming from my 2022 X is quite different from my 2018 X.
Ive compared it with others from the same year. The sounds are much fainter in others compared to mine.

Service advisor at the third SC said it would drive him crazy too, during our test drive. After the car was passed to tech, and I spoke with the service manager, they are denying the advisor ever said that. They’re calling me a liar to not admit that there’s an issue..

Upvote 0
I have it too and it was not present in my prior 2019 Raven MX. I just noticed it correlates with a thin green line that seems to represent regenerative braking. In my previous car I could set the level of regen but I can’t find that in this interface anywhere. I’m also getting a “gearbox fluid service recommended” message. I’m headed to the SC now. Maybe they are related.

Upvote 0
New model X has been making a faint beeping noise since I received it two weeks ago. It mainly occurs when I press the gas or braking. It sounds like morse code in the background, and is super annoying.

Anyone else have this? It seems to happen mostly along with the normal whirring noise when driving. I had a 2018 model X, and it definitely doesn’t do this. Service appt is a few weeks out. Any help?
I had that strange beeping when I accelerated driving at home the first day I picked it up it seems to have gone away after I got a software update I have no idea what it was but I had the same thing going on.

Upvote 0
Ive compared it with others from the same year. The sounds are much fainter in others compared to mine.

Service advisor at the third SC said it would drive him crazy too, during our test drive. After the car was passed to tech, and I spoke with the service manager, they are denying the advisor ever said that. They’re calling me a liar to not admit that there’s an issue..
Any fix for it?

Upvote 0
I have it too and it was not present in my prior 2019 Raven MX. I just noticed it correlates with a thin green line that seems to represent regenerative braking. In my previous car I could set the level of regen but I can’t find that in this interface anywhere. I’m also getting a “gearbox fluid service recommended” message. I’m headed to the SC now. Maybe they are related.
Did yours get fixed?

Upvote 0