Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fair asking price for Roadster??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newbie to the forum. Considering selling my 2011 Roadster 2.5 and moving to the Model S. Mine is build #1317 with 12k miles. Curious as to perspectives on a fair asking price. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSCN0568.jpg
    DSCN0568.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 810
  • DSCN0584.jpg
    DSCN0584.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 731
Buyers always want to pay less, sellers always want to get more. "Fair" is whatever a buyer and a seller agree on. That can vary quite a bit depending on the particular buyer and seller.

Search online ads for Roadster similar to yours. Of course all that will tell you is asking price and cars usually do not sell for asking price.

You have not described your car. Options? Condition? Repair history? Included charging cables? Most importantly, Battery CAC? All those things make a difference. Your two photos look nice but provide very limited information.

Some additional info:
I'm the original owner. Never had any operational issues, accidents, etc. No repairs have been necessary other than annual maintenance through Tesla & replacement of defective Alpine unit.
Roadster has always been garaged and is in exceptional condition.
Options include Sterling Silver paint, Infotainment, Forged Aluminum Wheels, Adjustable Suspension, Paint armor & solar guard windshield. Sale would include universal mobile connector charger. Tires were replaced at 10k.
Will have to check re CAC at next maintenance visit in 2 weeks.

Speaking as someone who's just recently been hip-deep in Roadster shopping... Based on what you're presenting here, I could easily imagine you getting $70K or possibly more, from the right buyer. Demand seems to be pretty good now, maybe due to the range upgrade stirring up interest.

Thanks for the feedback. My Roadster is at Tesla for its annual maintenance. I will likely list the car for sale once it's back. I asked them to provide CAC/battery condition info and their initial response was, "[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]our foreman and service manager said we cannot provide CAC details". [/FONT] What's up with that? Have others received the same response from Tesla?

Thanks for the feedback. My Roadster is at Tesla for its annual maintenance. I will likely list the car for sale once it's back. I asked them to provide CAC/battery condition info and their initial response was, "our foreman and service manager said we cannot provide CAC details". What's up with that? Have others received the same response from Tesla?

Yes, I got the same response. It's the only time Tesla has ever said no to me. Use the VDS code or download the logs.