Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fair market value for a 2014 P85 w/ AP1??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Title says it all. Still trying to get a feel for general pricing on certain specs of cars in the private party market. Spec below, TIA:

2014 P85 w/50k miles
ESA for 3 more years / 30k miles
Glass Pano Roof
21″ Silver Turbine Wheels
Grey Performance Leather Seats
Piano Black Decor
Black Alcantara headliner
Free Supercharging
Autopilot
SAS
Premium Interior Lighting

Title says it all. Still trying to get a feel for general pricing on certain specs of cars in the private party market. Spec below, TIA:

2014 P85 w/50k miles
ESA for 3 more years / 30k miles
Glass Pano Roof
21″ Silver Turbine Wheels
Grey Performance Leather Seats
Piano Black Decor
Black Alcantara headliner
Free Supercharging
Autopilot
SAS
Premium Interior Lighting
Bought this identical vehicle 3 months ago from Tesla for 41k.

Reactions: P85_DA
For comparison, I sold my completely non-optioned (apart from AP1 and red) 85D with 57k miles + 2 years of Tesla warranty for $40,000. This was however before FUSC got a lot more valuable.

I would say P85 is only maybe slightly less desirable than the 85D, but your car has a LOT of stuff like 21s, glass roof, leather seats, and SAS. And has better warranty coverage than mine. So it should should be above 40k.

On the other hand - you can find P85D's from Tesla with similar miles and options for high 40's (I am seeing $49k on a few right now) with a similar 2-year warranty. Based on the giant difference performance wise between P85 and P85D, it can't be too much above 40k.

I'd price it at 42-44k and see what happens.

Reactions: Boomski
The car has some normal wear and tear paint chips on the hood, but on the drivers side, side mirror, there is a 2 x 5 inch section of paint that has completely peeled off, with the border peeling/bubbling as well. Any thoughts on how much this should ding the value / cost of repair for the side view mirror paint / replacement shell.

Agree with the consensus that a P85 with AP1 is still worth over $40K. Here's a current listing at $43,885, also with 50K miles on it.

Supposedly less than 400 Performance RWD Model S cars with AP1 were built, which makes them fairly rare and desirable if you're a fan of rear-wheel drive. (AP1 started production in late September of 2014, and the P85/P85+ models were discontinued a month later; however, Tesla was still building P85/P85+ cars that had already been ordered through the rest of 2014.)

Have to say that I'd take my P85 over an 85D. Without the whine of an extra motor up front, the ride is quieter, and the frunk is much larger than in any Tesla model which came after it. The feel of driving a performance RWD is different than a non-performance AWD... there's the feeling of being pushed forward instead of pulled ahead, and a sense of the driver having more control in the former case.

• Love
  • Helpful
Reactions: Boomski and Saxgod
Offered 42, seller likely wont dip a dime below 45. So probably no deal on that front. Interestingly enough, a used car lot has a nearly identical spec'd car in town, with lower miles and a much cleaner car inside and out. Quite remarkable how good the car looks, considering 39k miles and 5 years old... Listed at 39.4k. Bumper to bumper only until the end of December, and no Sas sadly... But it does confirm a fair value of ~42-43 for the original spec'd car I posted here.