Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fair Price for 85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s an ok price ..85Ds are actually good cars...fixing curb rash is about 150-200 a wheel ...I have not seen so much curb rash until I started to see these CPOs ..a replacement steering wheel is about $750....if worth it to you to do the refurb it’s not that it can’t be done ...those probably have the 85 “B” pack which are good batteries

Subtracting the cost of the 4 year CPO warranty - call it 4500- it looks like you're at approximately 50% depreciation on a 3 year old car. That's pretty fair .

Obviously, cosmetic damage can change that assessment depending on severity . But if it's just curbed wheels, I say it's a good deal, but only if you value the 4 year warranty ..

Reactions: P85_DA
Subtracting the cost of the 4 year CPO warranty - call it 4500- it looks like you're at approximately 50% depreciation on a 3 year old car. That's pretty fair .

Obviously, cosmetic damage can change that assessment depending on severity . But if it's just curbed wheels, I say it's a good deal, but only if you value the 4 year warranty ..
It's only reason I've put up with the process.
I really value the warranty.
I've seen many Craigslist ones but I always have to add about $4800 for warranty

The curb rash is on 90 percent of the current CPO's. I pick my 2015 P85D on sunday, it also has some road rash- price was right 40k miles with 4 year warranty. I am nervous to find other problems but could not see any.

What I would do is find out when your car was first listed for sale. Mine for instance was put on the CPO site in March so it was refurbished and I was still able to have things fixed under the old "refurbishment" policy. If your car was put on the market after the new policy you can only really try and claim manufacturing defects like pealing wheels. I got lucky!.

What I would do is find out when your car was first listed for sale. Mine for instance was put on the CPO site in March so it was refurbished and I was still able to have things fixed under the old "refurbishment" policy. If your car was put on the market after the new policy you can only really try and claim manufacturing defects like pealing wheels. I got lucky!.
It was put for sale in June.