TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Fair price for full vehicle tint

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Mewtwo, Aug 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Member

New owner here. What's the ball park fair price for full vehicle tint with ceramic film such as Llumar air blue 80? Don't want to pay the "tesla tax".

I am located in NJ. Thank you in advance for any input.

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

If not including windshield and ceramic film <~$700 is decent price ...for basic film prob around $400

3. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Member

Thanks, so I guess including windshield it would cost over $1000 with ceramics?

4. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Yes ...but in ur area do u really need windshield ??

5. TexasRat

TexasRat Member

I believe here in Austin, I had two different quotes, one for XPEL prime XR plus and also another shop for llumar stratos.

XPEL - all windows (not including FWD tops just sides) for $850. Windshield was like $400. (prices are +/- $50)
    Llumar - all windows (not including FWD tops) for $649. FWD tops are $100 each. Windshield with air 90 is $600.

I think the XPEL price did not include tax. Tax is already factored into the Llumar. It's about the same though.

6. onlinespending

$850 included the hatch back window? Not too bad. I'm having a hell of a time finding anyone that can tint the windshield in the Portland, OR area. I'd love to be able to get it done for $400. Only couple places I've come across that can, use the Spectra Photosync film and charge in excess of $1200 just for the windshield.

7. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Windshield is a tough install ...That’s the price for photosync in Orange County ...I’m san Diego there is a shop that will do for 550

8. onlinespending

Do you know what shop and film they use? I have friends down there and may seriously consider just making a road trip of it and coming down there

9. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

I have photosync all the way the shop is monumental they do a lot of Tesla’s ..their current group buy is for 550 windshield 800 for rest of car ..I got better deal though ;) ..also windshield was one piece I watched them do was a b*tch

10. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

See the group buy here

Window tin group buy in San Diego

They have done 3 of my cars ..they are near the Tesla delivery center so do quite a few Tesla’s and do good work ..having shopped photo sync prices they are the best ...only one other shop in SD that does and not even close ..in OC it’s like double lol

11. TexasRat

TexasRat Member

Yes it included the rear window.

My total with stratos/air90 was $1448 after tax. This included every window including one piece windshield.

• Informative x 1
  12. TexasRat

TexasRat Member

Yep one piece windshield looks tedious for sure!

13. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

i might actually drive to san diego to get it done at that rate. A shop near here quoted me $669 and thats a two-piece install for the windshield.

• Like x 1
  14. TexasRat

TexasRat Member

two-piece = BOO! I don't want to see any lines! :p

It's faster for you to drive to Texas for a one piece install than San Diego though lol

I think EVS motors in Houston does photosync?

15. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Yah they do but they charge a lot :(

16. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

Yeah EVS does. i've seen pics of their two-piece, its not bad actually and u can't barely notice. if i take delivery in houston instead of home delivery in louisiana then i might consider them.