Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fair price for PPF + Ceramic?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I will apply again in 6 months.... It was $21 for a bottle and its enough to do the car four times at least. My car is shiny, slick, and sheds water. Isnt that what ceramic is supposed to do? "You get what you pay for." Yeah I paid $21 for a product that does exactly what I wanted it to do. If it lasts 6 months then oh well. I can apply it again. Spend more if it makes you feel better. Teslas are not special cars. Its the same build quality as a KIA from 2010 with a big battery and electric motors. People treat them like its a Bugatti or something. I love my car but just brutally honest on what it is.
I think you have the right expectation. A professional ceramic film should last years. If you have to reapply every few months then it’s more of a fancy wax but if it’s priced as such and you buy it with that expectation then there’s nothing wrong with that. The problem comes with the claims and expectations that they are the same as a higher grade professional job.

So I will apply again in 6 months.... It was $21 for a bottle and its enough to do the car four times at least. My car is shiny, slick, and sheds water. Isnt that what ceramic is supposed to do? "You get what you pay for." Yeah I paid $21 for a product that does exactly what I wanted it to do. If it lasts 6 months then oh well. I can apply it again. Spend more if it makes you feel better. Teslas are not special cars. Its the same build quality as a KIA from 2010 with a big battery and electric motors. People treat them like its a Bugatti or something. I love my car but just brutally honest on what it is.
You're essentially comparing a bottle of Turtle Wax ceramic spray to a multi-year ceramic coating. I'm a licensed detailer with access to CP, Graphene, et al. and I can tell you there is a big, BIG difference. It is all in the eye of the beholder though, so what works for you may not work for others and vice-versa.

Reactions: BMWY and sleepydoc
You're essentially comparing a bottle of Turtle Wax ceramic spray to a multi-year ceramic coating. I'm a licensed detailer with access to CP, Graphene, et al. and I can tell you there is a big, BIG difference. It is all in the eye of the beholder though, so what works for you may not work for others and vice-versa.
I never said mine will last 6 months, maybe it will and maybe it wont. Maybe it lasts a few years? Its very easy to apply and remove. Im betting there are better ceramics out there than the one I bought, but is it worth spending several hundred to hire a detailer vs $21 and doing it myself in a short amount of time? I dont think so. How much does a bottle of ceramic cost you, and how much do you charge for a new vehicle that doesnt require correction or only a little bit?

How does one tell when the ceramic coating has worn out?

I also had really bad water spots that I didn’t think I would be able to remove. However after 3 good washes (3 weeks) the water spots are all gone. Wondering if it was the ceramic coating that helped or my car washing skills are elite.

How does one tell when the ceramic coating has worn out?

I also had really bad water spots that I didn’t think I would be able to remove. However after 3 good washes (3 weeks) the water spots are all gone. Wondering if it was the ceramic coating that helped or my car washing skills are elite.
Clearly you have a gift for washing cars!

Water spots are generally calcium and will come off over time. I suspect the coating probably helped, though.

I just got my model y Xpel stealth full car with ceramic pro ceramic for 6900 after taxes. A bit pricey but they do phenomenal work. I did Xpel ultimate plus when I first got the car bought the entire car pre cut diy for about 1900. It was a 3 day process for me to do. Then 3 months later a semi truck side swiped the entire passenger side. After several Tesla collision visits and them peeling off panels to repaint. I decided to have someone redo it as it is a lot of work. And compared to from the pre cut I bought to there hand cuts, the car looks great.

Attachments

• 4999286C-0FEC-41C2-BBA6-BEF2B00A96D0.jpeg
    4999286C-0FEC-41C2-BBA6-BEF2B00A96D0.jpeg
    754.4 KB · Views: 71