Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fair sell price of 2021 Tesla Model 3 Standard Range +?

modemz

Mar 11, 2021
USA
I'm trying to sell my 2021 Tesla Model 3 SR+ for a bigger car. Since the trade-in value to Tesla is super low, so I'm selling elsewhere. Millage 2000 miles.

I'm asking this because it seems the fair price is not obvious for the below reasons.

1. KBB does not have an estimate for the 2021 Tesla Model 3 SR+.
2. 2020 Tesla Model 3 SR+ in KBB is around $40k.
3. Autotrader has many Tesla Model 3 SR+ of 2020 or older, and they are selling at around $45k, a price even higher than the original price.

How much is the fair price to sell? I've got appraisals from deals at $36-39k, but I just reached out to very few dealers, so I'm not sure what a reasonable price I can expect. But I think it should worth more than the 2020 Tesla Model 3 SR+ based on KBB.

leeh97

Dec 21, 2019
San jose ca
I just posted my experience trying to sell my dec 2019 M3. I love the car but need a larger size car so hope to go for an S.

The used car market for model 3 is incredibly crappy.

After 2 weeks, the only "offer" i have is from tesla for 39k to 40k, they need to appraise b4 final offer. 40k would be loosing 30% value on a 1.5 yr old car with 7800miles!!! I was hoping for 45k, per kbb or edmunds

This type of resale value is akin to a chrysler, dodge, Chevy or mitsubishi.

Gauss Guzzler

Dec 27, 2020
Thousand Oaks, California
The 2021 SR+ is $39K new, so one that's been used for 6mo and is missing some of the updates (door panels, etc.) should be worth much less.
If you find some fool willing to give you $36-$39K for it, take the cash and run as fast as you can.

As for the 2019 LR that entered the fray, full retail with delivery fees and everything is $48K for the *vastly updated* 2021 LR model. So your 3 year old model with hardly any warranty left and all the bugs and shortcomings of an early build from a fledgling company should be worth *much* less than a nice new one. Sure, you probably paid $60K for it back in the day, but you cashed in huge rebates and you knew you were paying a premium for the opportunity to get in early.
If you find some fool willing to give you $39-$40K for it, take the cash and run as fast as you can.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC