Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fairfield County, CT body shop recommendation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be funny it is weren't so frustrating.

Last night my car was struck with a flying Christmas tree. Seems the guy in front of my had it in the bed of his pickup truck, and with the wind it flew out and at me. I couldn't swerve to avoid as there was traffic in the oncoming lane and rocks along the side of the road. It damaged the bumper and my passenger side headlight.

I'm pretty pissed off. I didn't get the plate of the guy, and as I'd stopped to check my car, by the time I thought about that it was too late.

So that happened.

Would love a body shop suggestion in the area.

I ended up with a place in Bedford Hills, NY. They had about 15 Teslas (including an X!!) in various states of disrepair when I went for the estimate. Waiting on parts for now, but they were able to temporarily attach the bumper and headlight a little better so I can drive sans wind noise/vibrations for the time being.

Mike

Thats North State Custom and they are AMAZING! First time my car was damaged (small low speed impact to front - bent trunk and cracked headlight) it went to J&B. They charged my insurance $36,000 to repair. I was so taken back I even contacted Tesla and sent the estimate to their head of body repair asking how that was possible.

Once my car started going to Mt. Kisco Tesla Service, they recommended North State and the experience has been great. I just got my car back again from some rear bumper and lift gate damage. I get daily email updates with pictures of my car and they do an amazing job. You're in good hands!

John - consider using them from now on... A much better experience and cost than J&B and there are always Tesla's there being repaired so a lot of others are also happy with their work.

Aaron

North State has been amazing! I pick up the car tomorrow, but they have been communicating every other day, with pictures. They have managed the process with USAA. I'm really impressed. When I get the car back and get to see what it looks like in person I'm confident I'll be pleased based on the constant, high-quality, updates.