Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faisabilité de l'échange du feu de recul arrière et des feux de brouillard arrière

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Je prévois que lorsque ma Model 3 RHD devra finalement subir son Controle Technique, il me sera peut-être demandé d'intervertir les positions du feu de recul arrière et des feux de brouillard arrière, car ils sont bien sûr du côté opposé au LHD. Est-ce que cela risque d'être un processus coûteux - ou même faisable ? Je suppose que le faisceau de câbles est différent entre le RHD et le LHD.

I am anticipating that when my RHD Model 3 finally has to have its Controle Technique I may be required to swap the positions of the rear reversing light and rear fog lights, as they are of course on the opposite side to LHD. Is this likely to be an expensive process — or even feasible? I assume that the wiring harness is different betwen RHD and LHD

Did you ever get a solution to this? My UK Model S goes for it's CT next week and I'm expecting the worst.

Following our DM conversation you might be interested to know that when I was driving in the fog yesterday I noticed two French cars with their rear foglight on and both were on opposite sides! So it may not be an issue after all.

I don’t think we’ve had a DM conversation?

Unfortunately since Brexit, all U.K. paperwork and even cars that were perfectly ok to register in France, overnight became invalid. Obviously cars already registered are ok but new registrations are going under more scrutiny.

Sorry @Dazboj you are right, I was getting you confused with someone from a Facebook forum!

I actually registered my car in France after the end of the withdrawal period (we moved here in protest at Brexit and all the attendant effects on Britain's body politic). Fortunately I had little trouble; although I did employ a consultant so I may have been sheltered from all the complexities..

Judging by the date you should have had your CT by now -- how did it go..?

Reactions: Dazboj
I'm crossing my fingers. My car passed it's CT and my documents are in with ANTS through a consultant. There's been rumours in the last 2 weeks though that ANTS are requesting UK imports to go through a full DREAL inspection, which would be a nightmare and definitely need me to switch the fog light.
The goalposts keep moving :(

Reactions: Cogarch