Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fake / Knockoff 21" Uberturbines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wasn't able to find much discussion on whether there are a bunch of knockoff / replica 21" uberturbines floating around out there--so seeing if the community has insight. A lot of claims of OEM uberturbines / tmps sets for sale from non-owners. If they are out there, any way to tell the difference? weight, quality, etc? Anybody have insight?

Last edited:
You can check the castings, if they don't supply pics of the casting numbers avoid.

Last year when I was contemplating buying a set of fronts I noticed on ebay there are quite a few listings of supposedly oem ubers that were freshly powder coated etc ready for sale. I'm thinking to myself, wtf would anyone re-powder coat stock wheels only to sell? And these ads were pretty consistent in the listings. Or they would be "professionally refinished" or some other rando description. I ultimately procrastinated but decided to avoid the repaired ones for obvious reasons. You don't know exactly wtf they repaired or is hiding under the finish. Instead I prefer the minor damage rims, you know they are real and typical curb damage is not structural yet repairing the finish is rather easy.

Reactions: HB-M3-MY
where can the casting number be found? I’m currently looking at a set, and seller posted this pic….
A64792EA-1CC7-4652-B075-4AD0E36CCDB7.jpeg