Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fake Model S Reviews / Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I decided to head over to Motortrend and review comments on the Model S COTY article.

I found the following review:

grace.eggi Jun 30, 2013
My car is only 2 months old
my husband accidentally spilled the cooler inside the car after he hit the break, and the car just stopped in the middle of the road. the car was totally dead (was embarrassed as a lot of people that drove by knew it was a Tesla ~___~ and waved at me) and waited 2hrs for the roadside assistant to arrive.

the next day the Costa Mesa service center called, and they were willing to change the connectors that had water damage for us for free, I WAS HAPPY THAT TESLA WOULD TAKE CARE OF THIS ISSUE AS I BELIEVE THEY SHOULD BECAUSE THIS IS NOT SOMETHING UNCOMMON TO HAVE IT HAPPENED INSIDE OF A CAR, WHO DOES NOT HAVE A COOLER? AND WHO DOES NOT CARRY WATER IN THE CAR?

after a wkend, I called Tesla to check on my car, and they told me that the original way they thought would work did not work, and the car is still dead ,~__~, and said needed to change the whole harnest which will cost me $7500+, I was so shocked with what water had done to a car like this? THAT'S UNBELIEVABLE TO ME, so say if it rained, and you jumped into your car wet, oopse, you can't go anywhere, because you are wet, and you got your car wet, and your car won't start? does it make sense to anyone? does tesla say NO WATER IN ANY TESLA VEHICLE?

this might be the draw back of EV car, I love the car, however, this incident scared me with thoughts of what if your kids or pets peed inside the car? then the car just dies in the middle of no where, it might create serious problems, and what if there is a emergency and you spilled your water and you can't go anywhere 'cuz the car is dead? What if my husband was on the highway, and the car just stopped in the middle of the highway, imagine what would have happened because the car does not have outlet for water inside out? I honestly think this is a design flaw, and this is serious!!!!

A car MFG needed to test a car's safety under thousands of different situations and situation's simulations to know how the car would react when things happen, and for a car like this to just STOP, and once STOPPED, you can't even put it into neutral to push the car to the side of the road? THAT'S A HAZARD FOR ALL, and prevent it from happening. THIS IS A CAR, CAN YOU IMAGINE YOUR CAR JUST SHORTS OUT LIKE THIS? THIS IS A TESLA, NOT A cellphone, even cellphone is waterproof these days, and does not just die on you on the spot!

Anyone who reads this, what would you do if you were me?

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/car/1301_2013_motor_trend_car_of_the_year_tesla_model_s/viewall.html#ixzz2hvWqgQtU

image.jpg

This is the second time I've seen a comment like this one. It seems to be fake IMHO. Why is there so much hate for ev's and Tesla in general, and would it be possible to disable a model s with water from the inside? How much water would it take to disable a Model S from the inside?

One of the more ridiculous things I've read. Not sure exactly what "spilled the cooler" entails, but that's gotta be fake given the implausibility, jumping to conclusions, and unnecessary capitalization of sentences.

With all the trunk/frunk space, who would put a cooler full of water on their leather seats inside the car? She's worried about her kids peeing in her car? Really?

It almost looks like the beginning of a FUD campaign against Tesla (ala "don't buy a Model S they short out if you spill a little water in them"), but since it's just this one post (placed on two sites) it looks like it fizzed out.

Lucid critical thinkers will realize that this review is fake. However, I believe a lot of less intelligent people will believe the reviews to be real. Once someone decides something is fact, they are pretty unwilling to accept new information that would change their perception. It's kind of like the Tesla that caught fire. I was reading on that thread where someone was confronted by a misinformed human that because of that fire, his Tesla could blow up at any second. He tried to explain rationally that the Tesla that caught fire hit a large bit of road debris and that any vehicle would have been susceptible to the resulting fire.

I guess my question here is: Do these fake reviews impact perception of the Model S, or has Tesla gained enough momentum to make these reviews a moot point? Because I read it on the internet, so it MUST be true.