TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Fake Model S Reviews / Issues

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by theganjaguru, Oct 16, 2013.

1. theganjaguru

I decided to head over to Motortrend and review comments on the Model S COTY article.

I found the following review:

image.jpg

This is the second time I've seen a comment like this one. It seems to be fake IMHO. Why is there so much hate for ev's and Tesla in general, and would it be possible to disable a model s with water from the inside? How much water would it take to disable a Model S from the inside?

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Yeah, definitely sounds fake. There's no way water spilled on the floor would get into connectors. Spilling your drink would get the carpets wet. You'd probably have to fill the cabin with water to have a problem.

3. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

One of the more ridiculous things I've read. Not sure exactly what "spilled the cooler" entails, but that's gotta be fake given the implausibility, jumping to conclusions, and unnecessary capitalization of sentences.

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I WISH my cellphone is waterproof.

And I have never carried a cooler in a Grace.

5. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

Me too. In fact most cellphones have water detection stickers in them specifically to void your warranty if there's any water damage.

6. liuping

liuping Active Member

With all the trunk/frunk space, who would put a cooler full of water on their leather seats inside the car? She's worried about her kids peeing in her car? Really?

It almost looks like the beginning of a FUD campaign against Tesla (ala "don't buy a Model S they short out if you spill a little water in them"), but since it's just this one post (placed on two sites) it looks like it fizzed out.

7. theganjaguru

Lucid critical thinkers will realize that this review is fake. However, I believe a lot of less intelligent people will believe the reviews to be real. Once someone decides something is fact, they are pretty unwilling to accept new information that would change their perception. It's kind of like the Tesla that caught fire. I was reading on that thread where someone was confronted by a misinformed human that because of that fire, his Tesla could blow up at any second. He tried to explain rationally that the Tesla that caught fire hit a large bit of road debris and that any vehicle would have been susceptible to the resulting fire.

I guess my question here is: Do these fake reviews impact perception of the Model S, or has Tesla gained enough momentum to make these reviews a moot point? Because I read it on the internet, so it MUST be true.

8. Dart

Dart Member

Hmm, someone who spells "nowhere" as "no where" probably doesn't own a Tesla or any car for that matter ....

9. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Considering how rich with content the spelling misteaks thread is, I'd say that's a poor assumption to make.