Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

?Fake: New NHSTA Compliant filed 07/01/2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More than likely this person probably lost $2,500 on a reservation because he got cold feet after his 2 weeks expired. So now he's upset and wants to take down the company that kept his $2,500 for something that was his own fault. I bet that's it. Crazy!

Definitely a fake. I had a faulty spiral cable on my truck. I discovered on the owner forums that there were hundreds of other people with the same issue. So I reported it to the NHTSB. Per the NHTSB instructins, I placed my vin number on the complaint so that the NHTSB would be able to verify that I owned the vehicle and that I had paid for the repairs.

If this is such a "dangerous" problem then the owner would place the vin in the complaint so that they can verify he actually owns a vehicle. Otherwise they can't verify anything. Looks like they picked an issue from the forum and made up a story. This person is either a short or as AmpedRealitor stated, they got financing denied and lost their deposit. - Fear from a reprisal from Elon?!. I guess in addition to all his other interests Elon is also head of the South African Mafia. Busy guy.

Guys, I added something to the NHTSA complaint to make it complete… see below :p

broder.gif

He gives himself away with the link in the NHTSA-complaint. In the original link you can see /DE-AT/. This means language 'German' (DE) and country 'Austria' (AT). So when visiting the Tesla Motors-site he first chose to go the Austrian part. A pretty remarkable move for someone from North Carolina... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
He gives himself away with the link in the NHTSA-complaint. In the original link you can see /DE-AT/. This means language 'German' (DE) and country 'Austria' (AT). So when visiting the Tesla Motors-site he first chose to go the Austrian part. A pretty remarkable move for someone from North Carolina... :rolleyes:

I noticed that too but didn't want to mention it.

That seems to be exactly what happened. If you google "burn smell new tesla", the first result is the link given:
http://www.teslamotors.com/de_AT/forum/forums/burn-smell-new-tesla-s-when-heat

Yes, saw this also. But how would you explain the www-origin subdomain? That is not the same subdomain you get on Google.

Didn't our buddy Realist from Germany just get banned for trolling? Wouldn't surprise me if he's still trying to stir up trouble.

Well, get creative. Write a dumber complaint. we can have a contest...

TOOK DELIVERY OF NEW MODEL S. COULD NOT FIND FUEL DOOR ANYWHERE!!!! FILLED FRONT CAVITY WITH GASOLINE, MADE HORRIBLE SMELL!!!! CAR SHOULD BE BANNED FOR SUCH TERRIBLE GAS TANK DESIGN!!