TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Fake news never ceases to amaze me

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by insaneoctane, Sep 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Member

If you don't think fake news is rampant, then you likely live under a rock...
    In this case, the title was tell tale enough to know better than to fall for the click bait.

August Sales Are In: Chevrolet Bolt EV Out Sold Tesla Model 3 To The Tune Of 28:1
    Seeking Alpha

Now, I guess technically speaking this might be true, but there is no actual data to base the story on yet. I know that the model 3 output is very slow due to the nature of the S curve that Elon has forecasted, but this headline is shameful. Amazing.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. conman

conman Member

And they infinitely outsold the Tesla Model Y.

• Funny x 19
    • Informative x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  3. ZsoZso

ZsoZso Member

They forgot to talk about the shame that the Model S at over twice the price-point is still OUTSELLING the Bolt!
    At half the price GM should be able to sell 10x the volume. But their so called "mass market long range BEV" is unable to reach as much mass in the market as a 5 year old luxury sedan BEV for 2-3x the ticket price... :eek:

• Like x 6
    • Funny x 1
  4. Waiting4M3

Waiting4M3 Active Member

Seeking Alpha's Tesla coverage is mostly a bunch of shorts repackaging the same story over and over, this one is over the line by any reasonable standard. It's best not to link them or click on their links so as not to give them more traffic to encourage this behavior.

• Like x 8
  5. erthquake

erthquake Member

^^^ This.

We've been talking in the investment forum how SA is just an over glorified blog site. No journalistic standards are enforced there, and it's deliberate.

• Like x 1
  6. commasign

commasign Active Member

The annoying thing is that so many in the general public read these BS articles. Many of my EV-curious friends (with no ill-intention) forward me articles like this and then I have spend a good 10 minutes typing up rebuttals to each of the lies. We really need a Snopes or Politifact, Tesla-Edition service. ;)

• Like x 6
    • Disagree x 1
  7. Lovesword

Lovesword Member

Everytime I see an article blasting Tesla, my first thought is "oh that's not good"...but it lasts a split second as I look underneath and see the link is from "Seeking Alpha", at which point I either laugh out loud or roll my eyes depending on my mood. I didn't bother clicking that one tho, I might have to if I can't find a good comedy movie streaming on Kodi tonight.

• Like x 1
  8. SageBrush

SageBrush Active Member

Let them enjoy their watt of sunshine. The eclipse is coming fast.

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Love x 1
  9. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

#9 mkjayakumar, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    It is well known that quality of content in SeekingLies is generally quite low, but this article stoops to a new low and is so pathetic - the editors of this site who let this article to be published should be ashamed.

But the silverlining in all this cloud of nonsense is, it appears most of the general public have tuned out of it. Based on my interactions and talking to a number of people over these years, these articles have very little to no impact on general public.

• Like x 1
  10. M0DEL³

M0DEL³ Dilluting Kool-Aid with Realism daily.

#10 M0DEL³, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    Consider the source: Anton Wahlman (the author of that drek) was the same A$$hole who previously claimed to have 20 Model 3's deposits using different email addresses - then wrote an article claiming that Tesla's order backlog was therefore bogus.

Just another wannabe stock manipulator.

• Informative x 2
  11. SteveG3

SteveG3 Active Member

blog

from April 2015,

"Seeking Alpha is a blog site, not a news organization. They edit the blogs submitted for grammar, and spelling, but other than something like hate speech, they do not edit the content of these blogs... at all. In fact, I once had a conversation with Tesla's VP of investor relations, Jeff Evanson, when Seeking Alpha was showing up on the Yahoo news feed, and I wondered if Tesla might address the flow of make believe about Tesla distributed by Seeking Alpha. My understanding of what Jeff said is that this lack of any editing for content is an explicit policy of Seeking Alpha and part of their strategy. I took Jeff's comment to mean that by having a clear policy of no editing for validity of the content in the blogs on its website Seeking Alpha was positioning itself out of danger of lawsuits. It sounded like something Jeff had spent some time learning about. Fortunately, Yahoo no longer includes Seeking Alpha content in their headlines about TSLA."

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

(post #5752)

To OP's point though, yup, agree, fake news is rampant, whether from blog sites made to appear as news sites, or what used to thought of as news organizations often with little more added value than blog sites.

12. SageBrush

SageBrush Active Member

Or straight from the White House

• Like x 10
  13. 03DSG

03DSG Member

They are shortsville. Done with them.

14. alloverx

alloverx Member

If Tesla released monthly sales numbers it might stop some of these stories. It also might cause more stories too!

15. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

That's completely irrelevant. Even with monthly numbers, it's very likely true that this month the Bolt outsold the Model 3. What's misleading about the headline is that Tesla has a huge backlog in the US, while the Bolt decidedly doesn't.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  16. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

Actually if you think about it.. Bolt sales increased marginally from July to Aug by only 3%, whereas M3 sales increased by infinity. M3 sales increased dramatically month over month from July to Aug.

Someone should write an article and submit to that comedy site.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
  17. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

Don't rely of these fake news sites,

Seeking alpha, Green Car Reports, LearnBonds, fox news.

There are many more cleverly named sites, too many to cite here, that also espouse negativity towards Tesla and the electrification of the auto industry.

They have an ICE bias. Take their coverage with a very large grain of salt.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  18. macpacheco

macpacheco Member

#18 macpacheco, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    Time is the best cure for such non sense. Model 3 will sell millions in the next 5 years, there are several tens of millions of environmentally conscious people that can afford a base model 3. All it takes is 10% of those people actually buy a Model 3.
    Once a few millions have been sold, that's a few millions people actively telling others how great the Model 3 is.

The likely buyers of Tesla cars don't care about such articles. They have seen the light and they know to ignore the lies.

Fake articles cannot speak louder than millions with a real car to show for.

The key is critical mass. If the M3 gets half as enthusiastic owner/sales people as the MS/MX, production will stay limited by production constraints rather than demand.

Detroit and Germany is scared to death of Tesla, they should be. Getting out of denial into the really scared phase. I think 2018 will be the year the entire car industry truly warms up to practical no non sense EVs. The ones that don't will die in 5 years.

• Like x 4
    • Helpful x 1
  19. SageBrush

SageBrush Active Member

My LEAF and I resemble that remark. We don't die, so much as become increasingly feeble.

:)

• Funny x 1
  20. TimM.

TimM. Member

news.google.com... Gear on the upper right, Sources... Then I do something like this:

upload_2017-9-3_12-7-55.png

• Helpful x 5
    • Informative x 3