Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fake news never ceases to amaze me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you don't think fake news is rampant, then you likely live under a rock...
In this case, the title was tell tale enough to know better than to fall for the click bait.

August Sales Are In: Chevrolet Bolt EV Out Sold Tesla Model 3 To The Tune Of 28:1
Seeking Alpha

Now, I guess technically speaking this might be true, but there is no actual data to base the story on yet. I know that the model 3 output is very slow due to the nature of the S curve that Elon has forecasted, but this headline is shameful. Amazing.

Everytime I see an article blasting Tesla, my first thought is "oh that's not good"...but it lasts a split second as I look underneath and see the link is from "Seeking Alpha", at which point I either laugh out loud or roll my eyes depending on my mood. I didn't bother clicking that one tho, I might have to if I can't find a good comedy movie streaming on Kodi tonight.

Reactions: EVie'sDad
It is well known that quality of content in SeekingLies is generally quite low, but this article stoops to a new low and is so pathetic - the editors of this site who let this article to be published should be ashamed.

But the silverlining in all this cloud of nonsense is, it appears most of the general public have tuned out of it. Based on my interactions and talking to a number of people over these years, these articles have very little to no impact on general public.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lunarx
Consider the source: Anton Wahlman (the author of that drek) was the same A$$hole who previously claimed to have 20 Model 3's deposits using different email addresses - then wrote an article claiming that Tesla's order backlog was therefore bogus.

Just another wannabe stock manipulator.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GSP and Krugerrand
It is well known that quality of content in SeekingLies is generally quite low, but this article stoops to a new low and is so pathetic - the editors of this site who let this article to be published should be ashamed.

But the silverlining in all this cloud of nonsense is, it appears most of the general public have tuned out of it. Based on my interactions and talking to a number of people over these years, these articles have very little to no impact on general public.

blog

from April 2015,

"Seeking Alpha is a blog site, not a news organization. They edit the blogs submitted for grammar, and spelling, but other than something like hate speech, they do not edit the content of these blogs... at all. In fact, I once had a conversation with Tesla's VP of investor relations, Jeff Evanson, when Seeking Alpha was showing up on the Yahoo news feed, and I wondered if Tesla might address the flow of make believe about Tesla distributed by Seeking Alpha. My understanding of what Jeff said is that this lack of any editing for content is an explicit policy of Seeking Alpha and part of their strategy. I took Jeff's comment to mean that by having a clear policy of no editing for validity of the content in the blogs on its website Seeking Alpha was positioning itself out of danger of lawsuits. It sounded like something Jeff had spent some time learning about. Fortunately, Yahoo no longer includes Seeking Alpha content in their headlines about TSLA."

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

(post #5752)

To OP's point though, yup, agree, fake news is rampant, whether from blog sites made to appear as news sites, or what used to thought of as news organizations often with little more added value than blog sites.

If Tesla released monthly sales numbers it might stop some of these stories. It also might cause more stories too!
That's completely irrelevant. Even with monthly numbers, it's very likely true that this month the Bolt outsold the Model 3. What's misleading about the headline is that Tesla has a huge backlog in the US, while the Bolt decidedly doesn't.

Don't rely of these fake news sites,

Seeking alpha, Green Car Reports, LearnBonds, fox news.

There are many more cleverly named sites, too many to cite here, that also espouse negativity towards Tesla and the electrification of the auto industry.

They have an ICE bias. Take their coverage with a very large grain of salt.

Time is the best cure for such non sense. Model 3 will sell millions in the next 5 years, there are several tens of millions of environmentally conscious people that can afford a base model 3. All it takes is 10% of those people actually buy a Model 3.
Once a few millions have been sold, that's a few millions people actively telling others how great the Model 3 is.

The likely buyers of Tesla cars don't care about such articles. They have seen the light and they know to ignore the lies.

Fake articles cannot speak louder than millions with a real car to show for.

The key is critical mass. If the M3 gets half as enthusiastic owner/sales people as the MS/MX, production will stay limited by production constraints rather than demand.

Detroit and Germany is scared to death of Tesla, they should be. Getting out of denial into the really scared phase. I think 2018 will be the year the entire car industry truly warms up to practical no non sense EVs. The ones that don't will die in 5 years.

Last edited:
news.google.com... Gear on the upper right, Sources... Then I do something like this:

upload_2017-9-3_12-7-55.png