TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Falcon 9 -- JCSAT-14 launch

Discussion in 'SpaceX' started by ggr, Apr 22, 2016.

1. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

The next SpaceX launch, is currently scheduled for May 3rd, with a two hour window starting at 01:22 EDT. That's late Monday night for me :). It will launch from SLC-40 at Cape Canaveral.

JCSAT-14 is a Clarke (geosynchronous) communications satellite to cover the east Asian area, for a Japanese company. Being a GEO launch, recovering the booster might be difficult. I am unable to find anything that tells me for sure whether they're going to try or not. My guess is that they will try a recovery at sea, keep trying to learn more.

This is the launch @Grendal referred to in the other thread about CRS-8; since that mission is still going I thought it better to create a new thread.

2. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

Is anyone planning to go to this launch? I know it's super early in the morning on a weekday, but the weather's supposed to be great.

3. 808?

808? Member

In the post launch/landing press conference from CRS-8 two weeks ago, Elon mentioned in the Q&A session that the next two recovery attempts would be at sea, with the 3rd recovery being on land.

4. bxr140

bxr140 Member

We're having a launch event in Palo Alto. :D