TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Falcon door has been in for service 6 times and still not fixed...

Discussion in 'Model X' started by DrivingTheFuture, Aug 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DrivingTheFuture

I have a feeling the local service center may not have what it takes to rectify the issue. What should we do to escalate this without being mean? We took delivery last October...

• Informative x 1
  2. rjdoc74

rjdoc74 Member

What state are you in? I would look into lemon law process.

• Like x 2
  3. jareade

jareade Supporting Member

Go to Support under your My Tesla and you can select "Escalate this concern for executive review." That's where I'd start. Good luck.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

Look up lemon law in your jurisdiction and follow the steps.
    This seems to work great.
    I am not sure what you mean by "being mean", your car has a defect that inconveniences you so it needs to be made right, no?

5. Jays200

Jays200 Member

Any chance of a screen shot please. Not sure we're given that option here in Australia.

6. outie

outie Active Member

What is wrong with the door?

7. DrivingTheFuture

Opens one inch, senses a ghost obstacle, sounds warning beep, then promptly closes itself.

8. DrivingTheFuture

I agree, I meant that the customer service aspect has been stellar, and I want to escalate the issue without making it appear that they mistreated us personally or packed communication, timeliness. Just seems to be a hardware issue or "ghost in the shell" software problem. They have replaced almost all parts they can and it will work some of the time.

9. jareade

IMG_5524.PNG

• Helpful x 1
  10. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

Sounds like the case for lemon law.
    Do the first steps and I am sure you'd be satisfied with the results one way or the other. I speak from experience.

• Helpful x 1
  11. Insureit1

Insureit1 Member

I had same issue on both doors especially when hot or parked in the sun. After fourth attempt I sent a certified letter to Tesla in CA and the service center. Within days I had them calling me to bring a loaner and get the multiple issues I had been having and trying to get sorted out for a 10 months. They picked up my X and I told them keep it as long as needed to fix everything. I had 5 issues and all have been corrected except one. FWD works all the time every time now, even in the sun. They replaced a bunch of sensors and I have tested in all conditions and no problems anymore. For me escalation and starting the lemon law clock ticking is was resolved all but one issue. Except for a persistent squeak coming from the dash my X is completed sorted out.

• Helpful x 1
  12. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

@JonMc is your friend here... :)

Jeff

13. outie

outie Active Member

I had the same issue when the car sits under hot sun for few minutes. At the fourth time they finally fixed it. Besides replacing the sensors they had to replace all the seals and especially the tripods holding the sensors.

Falcon Wing Door sensor reliability?

• Helpful x 1
  14. Jays200

Jays200 Member

Thanks for that. It would appear that page is only available in the US. I've been all over the Aussie site and it's just generic support info.
    Might have to dig deeper for Australian HQ contacts.

15. jareade

Could be. But do this. Log onto My Tesla and click on your MX. Scroll about halfway down. My optoins on that page go as follows: Add a Credit Card, Supercharging, Referral Program and then Support. Under Support, the default is "This is a general support inquiry." But it is a drop-down box and you can select "Escalate this concern for executive review." I'm presuming you have the general support inquiry option. Do you not have a drop-down alternative?

16. Jays200

Jays200 Member

Mine goes something like this:

Supercharging/Tesla Referral Program/Autopilot upgrade/Contact/ Purchase a maintenance plan/My Documents

with the only reference to support being a hyperlink at the very top of my MX My Tesla "Manage" page to the generic support page with contact details etc. Perhaps they're sick of me whinging and just modify my page ;)

Anyway, sorry for being OT. Thanks for your help

17. DrivingTheFuture

Oh? And why is that

18. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

He's the President of Global Sales and Service for Tesla...

Jeff