Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon doors and rear door don t stop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As was pointed out the ONE sensor for this is on the top of the car between the FWD. You can have someone hold a broom up to the sensor to make sure it's working properly while you exercise the door in a clear and open area. If not maybe the sensor has failed.

The sensor does not work. But today I noticed that the front doors don't stop either on opening. So no sensors in the doors work?!
I tried to call Tesla but after 15 minutes waiting I had to work and they have not yet answered the Email. I'll try tomorrow!

Happened to me when I parked at a grocery parking lot. The guy next to me approached his car door as I was opening the falcon wing door and it did not stop and pinned him in between my door and his door. I know I could have over ridden it and stopped it, but I panicked and just started saying sorry to him while he was being pinned. I felt embarrassed and it felt funny in someway. He wasn't hurt but mad as hell and yelled at me "learn to operate that piece of s*&T". After that I questioned why the door didn't stop opening even if it is hitting the guy next to me. Any thoughts?

• Informative
Reactions: CyberShy
Happened to me when I parked at a grocery parking lot. The guy next to me approached his car door as I was opening the falcon wing door and it did not stop and pinned him in between my door and his door. I know I could have over ridden it and stopped it, but I panicked and just started saying sorry to him while he was being pinned. I felt embarrassed and it felt funny in someway. He wasn't hurt but mad as hell and yelled at me "learn to operate that piece of s*&T". After that I questioned why the door didn't stop opening even if it is hitting the guy next to me. Any thoughts?

That's kind of different. The FWD does not detect moving person most of the time. My wife has been whacked by it many times when our kid opened the FWD just as she steps out the passenger side door. I think a person is too narrow to detect as an obstacle. I think if you try to open the FWD next to a light pole, you could hit it too if the sensor is directly in the path of the light pole.

You should have this checked. Even if the sensor did not detect the person (odd because my car definitely stops on the way up for people standing too close) the resistance of hitting the person should have caused it to stop.

Why don't you try some experiments while standing next to your door in an open area and see if you can get it to stop in various positions. You can use the remote to open the door while you stand next to it.