Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Heavy launch simulation - Roadster in space...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah... that must be the other Easter egg we were hearing about.

This just reinforces my admiration of Musk. Any genius that can infuse humor amidst technological achievement clearly relishes out of the box thinking and will always have a leg up on the competition (yes, you Ferrari). Kinda makes you wonder what other Easter eggs Elon's asked his teams to include in the various other product lines. Hmmmm...

Last edited:
Yep

upload_2018-2-7_14-46-40.png

• Funny
Reactions: dhrivnak
This weekend I went to Kennedy Space Center and walked through their newly opened Gateway exhibit. Hanging from the ceiling they had the core stage of a Falcon Heavy. I was told that this was the vehicle was the one used to launch the roadster into orbit.
The FH core stage used for mission missed the ASDS and went into the ocean. I did not realize it was now on display!

• Informative
Reactions: eHorses
Now that you jogged my memory, that sounds right. It did miss the drone ship. I don't know if it would have been recoverable. I may have be misguided as it does look like one of the boosters.
The core stage for the first FH mission hit the water pretty hard; it ran out of fuel for the landing burn. I thought it would have broken up.

Now that you jogged my memory, that sounds right. It did miss the drone ship. I don't know if it would have been recoverable. I may have be misguided as it does look like one of the boosters.

Guessing this is B1023, which was one of the side-boosters on the Falcon Heavy demo flight...a table in Wikipedia contains a reference to this booster winding up as a museum piece:

Bruce.