Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Super Heavy/Starship - General Development Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
B7 was moved a short distance to near the GSE tanks. Perhaps it was removed from the OLM just to complete some modifications there.

8FC71C60-EC1B-40F1-B1F9-9FD08F48F9DC.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: ICUDoc
Eric Berger: SpaceX moves Starship to launch site, and liftoff could be just days away

After it launches, the Super Heavy rocket will fly from SpaceX's Starbase launch site eastward, over the Gulf of Mexico. For this test, the booster will not attempt a landing. After stage separation, the Starship upper vehicle is intended to reach orbital velocity before attempting a reentry into Earth's atmosphere over the Pacific Ocean. If all goes well, it will make a controlled descent and landing into the ocean just north of the Hawaiian islands.
I am assuming that a soft water landing of the booster will be attempted. It has grid fins, it has engine vectoring, with essentially no payload meaning adequate reserve fuel, why not try?

Eric Berger: SpaceX moves Starship to launch site, and liftoff could be just days away

I am assuming that a soft water landing of the booster will be attempted. It has grid fins, it has engine vectoring, with essentially no payload meaning adequate reserve fuel, why not try?
Or hovering at 30m off the surface (or whatever chopstick height would be) until it
A) runs out of fuel
B) loses control
C) gives SpaceX enough data and they soft land it

I would love to see its power slide dance moves...