Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Super Heavy/Starship - General Development Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It worked!!! Awesome 150 m hop successful!

kPKcZ0s.png

Damn I missed it! Is there a replay available?

Okay, I found it. The vehicle didn’t seem to be completely vertical during that hop. Maybe that was intentional.

At least nothing exploded and it landed in one piece. :p

Yah, the thruster wasn't placed in the center, it was toward the side which is why it looks a little awkard.

This is an AMAZING result. Even if it exploded it would have yielded great data. But this? Truly best case scenario.

I wonder if they skip SN6 now and go straight to SN8. Starship is HUGE. It is the paradigm changing ship that realizes Elon's vision of making space flight as "common" as air travel. This also has HUGE ramifications on the cost of launching Starlink satellites into space. Everything is a possibility now. Mars. Point to point earth travel. Economical global internet. Starship is a game changer that makes New Glenn a sad second place the moment it arrives.

Has SpaceX recently updated on what tests will follow this hop and using which SN#?
Some months back next up was said to be a 20 Km launch and land.

Does anyone recall if that more ambitious test (SN6 or SN8) would be with three Raptors?
This success may allow Starship to move ahead even faster the rest of this year.

Has SpaceX recently updated on what tests will follow this hop and using which SN#?

Does anyone recall if that more ambitious test (SN6 or SN8) would be with three Raptors?
This success may allow Starship to move ahead even faster the rest of this year.

No mention of which SN, but he did say that ...

Twitter

"We’ll do several short hops to smooth out launch process, then go high altitude with body flaps."

Reactions: Bobfitz1

I don’t think SpaceX has released any of that information other than the Elon tweet quoted by @ItsNotAboutTheMoney . I think all SpaceX fans are anxious to know what comes next! My guess is at least one more single engine hop before going with three engines in a more recently built SN#.